Police Using Subaru Wrx Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRX or WRX STi?

anyway, all TP cars are modded under e hood. The thing is, do they use Unleaded 98 always on the WRX STi? FYI, WRXs perform best with 100 fuel but 98's e highest we've got here.

just dont speed. what's e hurry?

if u wanna speed, go to KL. empty roads. n if u're lucky, u could get away w/o a fine...

or book a race track.

i dont like the idea of speeding here. petrol's expensive. tyres expensive. alot of activities going on the road. cars are expensive here too! so is repair works.

it doesnt make sense lah.

Just to add... TPs high end cars like the BMW and Volvo are all modded or should I say, tuned up.....

Had a chance to see a BMW up close. Inside there's reinforced roll cage like you see on those rally cars. Engined has also been tuned for speed.

So, chances are, the WRX will not be the one you get off the road. Won't be surprised if they added a roll cage inside as well. They probably got the WRX coz its cheaper then the BMW and Volvo. Probably someone submitted a "wits" on how to cut cost.... I'm just kidding of course.... ;p

They could probably call a road block instead of chasing the offender.... but there's a chance that they might get away. Think its more of a deterance. Most of the time I see them stopping speeding trucks or trailers.

IMO, WRX makes sense over a continental car... it is not only cheaper, but servicing and spare parts also cheaper. What's more, it is 4WD and that means better handling on our tight roads. So TP either save more or can get more patrol cars for the same cars.

What puzzles me is why they have not done so long ago... next time they should also get the Mit EVO too... :bsmilie:

Meanwhile, enjoy this pic... of WRX highway cars use in Down Under.

wrxcop01.jpg

Finally they decided to do use the WRX after having a debate for so long. The WRX has been a debate issue in the department as they ahve been wanting to implement the WRX on the road and the WRX TP version is definetly even faster than the normal ones on the road. It doesn't have any power cut which it does apply to all cars in singapore. They actually also had a disscussion is they should use the Mitsubishi Evo also but guess they decided to get the WRX instead. Can't wait to see how the singapore WRX TP version look like.

Quite a number, if not most of the new GD and newer Rexes are very tame. Most Evo8 I come across I saw also pretty tame. Save for the Garages' cars. (but also tone down already)

1.5-4 years ago (or if you are really lao jiao, I heard it was even more havoc before that), you go and play or watch Orchard Gudang....basket.... Rexes or whatever darn cars with slicks + Hewland dogbox also have (transmission whine even louder than damn exhaust). Take out licence plate and go whack. Police Rex? Slow lar....no matter how they mod it.

A lot depends on the driver too. (same with cameras)

I stopped with cars already, nowadays clamp down too much. So I started with cameras. :D

LOL.

so fast also no use... before u know it, u reach another traffic light... wanna chiong pass thn *flashes in mind* got camera sia....

stop n accelerate n stop n accelerate...

how to maintain engine in tip-top cond...

IMHO, i like the design of the EVO more and i think it will look better in TP's "dressing" then the WRXs. Btw, Evo 9 Stock is faster thn WRX STi stock.

:)

2100 said:
I stopped with cars already, nowadays clamp down too much. So I started with cameras. :D

And that should be much cheaper right? Or the same? :D

laugh said:
enzo on the road????
where?? got to see it man.....

No idea man. Gotta ask showtime. :) Imagine, a WRX STI chasing an Enzo. :sweat:

... just came back from 2 weeks of driving down-under (melbourne-victoria) and this is what I've observed:

1. most drivers stick to speed limit.... meaning if the road has a limit of 70km/hr almost ALL the cars (including lorries/vans) will be at or around (+/-5) the speed limit. unlike on roads here where there'll be a lot of road hoggers (eg. driving at 40km/hr on every lane when the limit is 70).

2. there're speed limit signs on every stretch of roads! And there're good warning signs before danger areas to reduce speed to appropraite limits.

3. there're hidden cameras "everywhere", heehee....

4. if there're road works its sign posted clearly way-in-advance (usually more than 100m if on highway), unlike here which maybe just 10m infront of the road work or just after a traffic light!

5. most roads have appropraite speed limits, eg. school zone 40, urban areas 50/60, main roads 70, highway/freeway 80-100km/hr

:)

they should use evo6.5 the best evo in my opinion :devil: :lovegrin:

tao said:
And that should be much cheaper right? Or the same? :D
Cheaper.... not that i soup up a lot. SG still got a bit of remote "safe" places (as in not much public, as well as police), but go up north for track or what lor... Main wear and tear for track is tyres, brakes (esp if you using semi-slicks....1 set for me is $600 which is considered very cheap and is good for about 30 laps at PG).

I heard they are gonna build a track at Tuas. But i guess they are gonna charge people big time, like $50 per hr.... :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.