Please advise: New to macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a new camera? hehehe... ;)
Wahliew, dun want la. I just bought my S3 only leh. You want me to upgrade so that you can buy my camera cheaply at 2nd hand right?:cry:

Wahliew, dun want la. I just bought my S3 only leh. You want me to upgrade so that you can buy my camera cheaply at 2nd hand right?:cry:

Nah,

I already have a DSLR... dun need the PnS for the moment. ;) But seriously, if you intend to pick up Macro. Having a SLR would be the best thing as you are able to change different focal lengths of the macro lenses and also use external flashes.

In the meantime, keep playing around with the settings and try using extra lights to compensate. Also, you can try using flash, but bounce it or diffuse it so it does not have a reflection on the glass. :)

Nah,

I already have a DSLR... dun need the PnS for the moment. ;) But seriously, if you intend to pick up Macro. Having a SLR would be the best thing as you are able to change different focal lengths of the macro lenses and also use external flashes.

In the meantime, keep playing around with the settings and try using extra lights to compensate. Also, you can try using flash, but bounce it or diffuse it so it does not have a reflection on the glass. :)

Thanks for the tip. I'm a poor man and photography is an expensive hobby. So I'll stick with prosumers for a while.

What's the slowest shutter speed for macro photos? Any guidelines?

Yes, I agree that the absence of a hotshoe for an additional flash is a real bummer. Recommendations anyone?
If the water keeps moving and I think you need shutter speed faster than 1/125 sec or faster. You can use a slave flash for your S3 to act as ext flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.