Pix from Coolpix

Status
Not open for further replies.
4500-061.jpg

saw u shooting this didn't realise the effect so :bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

Vaxvms - told you I was doing out-of-camera high key on that thing... And all I did was fool the camera to think that the exposure is "normal". The point being - you need to know how your stuff work, and get the bare basics right. Once you got those, ANY camera is a go, which I hope had been demonstrated to the group yesterday.

These has proven that a basic camera with editing can do a GREAT Job even without using DSLRs.

Very Nice Series of Pictures!!:thumbsup:

I certainly won't call the Coolpix 4500 a basic camera at all! Its a prosumer camera with all the functions of a DSLR except the lens changing part ! I have one too! :bsmilie:

The Coolpix4500 is indeed a lovely prosumer class baby, when it was released. And this thread serves to showcase what can be got out of the camera.

For the record, I prefer to always shoot in P or the preset modes on the Coolpix. Whether the viewer wants to believe it or not, that's not my problem. But every single picture here is done in ISO100/200 and the controls that P mode offers on this Coolpix. Any of those who'd joined me for the AG Outings where I brought my Coolpix along will vouch for that fact.

It is not the tool but the craftsman that decides what comes out of the clay. Fellow CSers who're keen to know me in person (for whatever purpose), you can easily seek my AG Outings threads in the Gatherings/Outings section. Thank you.

Oh... don't get me wrong, not implying anything about your photography, what I meant was that the Coolpix 4500 is a very capable camera often overlooked by people. You just need the shooting technique, there aren't too many things that the camera can't do well at..

Status
Not open for further replies.