Pics of new Sony lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me whether 50mm 1.7 still exists? :sweat:

tokrot said:
Can someone tell me whether 50mm 1.7 still exists? :sweat:
I think in the future they will probably bring it back again, since it's a popular good quility budget prime lens.

zcf said:
I think in the future they will probably bring it back again, since it's a popular good quility budget prime lens.

Maybe Zeiss will make it and they'll sell it for $500.

I'm no user of Minolta though I know the lens are quite good. Whether Sony improve or not is one thing but I guess main issue would be what is the pricing. Would also the day come whereby 3-party lenses can't be used on sony dslrs?

You might think I'm being @#@!$@#$ but I got pretty upset with Sony pertaining to memory sticks.

Understand that there is no memory stick slot in the DSLR but well, in future...so guess I will be sticking to Canon.

Just my 2cent viewpoint.

melser said:
I'm no user of Minolta though I know the lens are quite good. Whether Sony improve or not is one thing but I guess main issue would be what is the pricing. Would also the day come whereby 3-party lenses can't be used on sony dslrs?

You might think I'm being @#@!$@#$ but I got pretty upset with Sony pertaining to memory sticks.

Understand that there is no memory stick slot in the DSLR but well, in future...so guess I will be sticking to Canon.

Just my 2cent viewpoint.

I think with the F828, Sony realised that the memory stick is a dead end in terms of market share... so they have a dual pronged approach where their own proprietary consumer products like digicams, media players, game consoles, etc where 3rd party cannot duplicate easily, these they stick to memory stick... but for the market where users are more technically inclined... more prosumer... these they have more or less abandoned memory stick as the sole memory source and used industrial standards while also supporting memory stick where they can do it... ditto for the Alpha 100... and the R1 as well...

zcf said:
Sony HVLF56 US$449 :sweat: though actual street price will be cheaper.

If not wrong, it is a 5600, right? What abt the connecting pts? Can use on the new Alpha series? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.