photoshopped or real

May be it is just a props made of light weight material :bsmilie:

I don't think the model can carry such a heavy weight unless she is a former he :bsmilie:

The model featured "wearing" the estimated 70-80lb sailfish is Jessica Gomes. And it is possible to carry that on her shoulder .... this is not some smartphone totting Singapore XMM lian dingbat with a 'maid-in-waiting' female.

http://cutkillavince.com/2014/03/04/le-mardi-aussi-cest-permis-acte-5/

The model featured "wearing" the estimated 70-80lb sailfish is Jessica Gomes. And it is possible to carry that on her shoulder .... this is not some smartphone totting Singapore XMM lian dingbat with a 'maid-in-waiting' female.

Pray tell, how does your link positively corroborate in anyway to Jessica Gomes' supposely physical prowess as implied?

With her posing all pretty, it doesn't really prove the point, does it? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I wasn't..I just want to put a face to the name and might as well link to the page then to take select a photo out and paste it to my message. We are in a photography forum and we should give props to where the photo or article is from and not hijack it. And as photographer looking at the link you can see many instances of the same beach scene in some of the shots so it does give credo as to whether that is really the model or not. There is a very interesting story here that is link to model photography behind and in front of the camera.

If you search further about models used in Sports Illustrator.. this is one coveted magazine most models are willing to go endure a lot of crazy poses to get great shots... in a way to further their career or get noticed. In any case, it is not impossible for a woman to carry that weight for a few seconds with proper preparation and help of a few photographing assistants and there is also possible the use of support whihc can be photoshopped away in post production. The sailfish looks too real to be a fake or superimposed. While most would not like this photo for some "moral" reason, I think it is an impactful shot.

Last edited:
I wasn't..I just want to put a face to the name and might as well link to the page then to take select a photo out and paste it to my message. We are in a photography forum and we should give props to where the photo or article is from and not hijack it. And as photographer looking at the link you can see many instances of the same beach scene in some of the shots so it does give credo as to whether that is really the model or not. There is a very interesting story here that is link to model photography behind and in front of the camera.

If you search further about models used in Sports Illustrator.. this is one coveted magazine most models are willing to go endure a lot of crazy poses to get great shots... in a way to further their career or get noticed. In any case, it is not impossible for a woman to carry that weight for a few seconds with proper preparation and help of a few photographing assistants and there is also possible the use of support whihc can be photoshopped away in post production. The sailfish looks too real to be a fake or superimposed. While most would not like this photo for some "moral" reason, I think it is an impactful shot.

Ah huh, so there is still a bit of pshop? For the support ?

Could be an authentic plastic replica too. Taking a closer look at the muscles tension of the model, highly possible just a replica.

You must have mistaken swim suit model with body builder :bsmilie:

images

Most swordfish are 5 to 8 feet (1.5 to 2.4 meters) long. They weigh about 150 to 300 pounds (70 to 135 kilograms).

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/marine-life/swordfish-info.htm

The sword fish on her shoulder could be more than 100KG.

Although many swim suit models would do crazy pose like wear bikini in winter snow but I have a doubt that they would risk breaking their back for a photoshoot. :bsmilie:

If the swordfish is real, it is possible that they use tiny steel cables that are commonly use by stunt men in Kung Fu movies.
Then they use photoshop to remove the steel cable like they do in the movies.

Do you notice the white cloud on top of the fish ?
It is possible they use the white cloud to cover up the steel cable.

The Sports Illustrated photo team had someone else kill the fish and then bought it for the photo shoot.

• Why the need to have a fish that is an endangered species, killed just to use it as a prop in a photo shoot?

• What is so beautiful about a photograph of a model holding a dead animal?

The Sports Illustrated photo team had someone else kill the fish and then bought it for the photo shoot.

• Why the need to have a fish that is an endangered species, killed just to use it as a prop in a photo shoot?

• What is so beautiful about a photograph of a model holding a dead animal?

Swordfish is not endanger (see link)

http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/conservation-works-noaa-declares-four-us-fish-stocks-rebuilt-to-healthy-levels.html

I am sure this fish is real :bsmilie:

http://www.floridasportsman.com/2012/09/12/targeting-golden-tilefish/

Beauty is in the eyes of beer holder :bsmilie:

FLSP-101200-Tile-013.jpg

As in two solid weights in front?

That photo of the lady holding a specie of marlin but yes from the billfish family. People who have done game fishing knows it is not beyond their ability to carry one and pose with it. this one is for sure heaver then the one the model was posing with. I know, I use to game fish and you can catch this around our region too as sailfish are found is most parts of the world where there is warmer waters. My fishing kaki was lucky enough to have caught two. (Phunket and Tioman). Game fishers will tell you this is quite the illusive fish to catch. I know. I have yet to snare on the few fishing excursions I went. A targeted fish I wish I could have added to my list before giving up the hobby of 20 years. The carried by the model in the SI shoot is average and for sure less then 100kg. I figure about 50kg at best.

And yes it is NOT endangered. I suspect they acquired from the local market or fisherman where they were shooting as indigenous villagers also hunts them for food or was accidentally caught by their drift net. Game fisherman in recent years especially in parts that comes under the enforcement act of fair game fishing "catch and release" have ensure at a big way that their numbers are sustainable. Villagers fish to feed the family or sell to other villagers. They don't contribute to over fishing as much as game fishing which prize them as trophy sport fish. But commercial fishing is worrying if people eat it like some exotic sushi or dish. Which is not, thank goodness because this fish meat is not that palatable. Like the dolphins they are also accidental victims to fishing boats catching tuna, bonitas..etc.

What is unattractive to some about the model pose with the fish has no idea as to who this photo is targeted at. This is SPORTS ILLUSTRATOR. Who do you think buys them??? Also those who cry foul and just declare it's endangered on hearsay, lack update or knowledge, it is not uncommon to have a specie declared endangered and then taken off it over time (though not the case for sailfish) or incorporating measure of control hunting to ensure it is sustainable. We live in a world of greys not black and white as it is harder sometimes to ban it outright as at times it will not work. Better some control then no control. Try asking Japanese to eat less sushi and sashimi. By the way, I gave up game fishing partly on humanitarian reasons.

Reactions: Octarine
WAH.. that is the sexy PENN reel she got her hands on! actually among my serious fishing kakis.. It is taboo to have a woman on the trip. No fish or lousy fish caught that day hahahahah. Also if you fosh mainly around Singapore waters and on a bumboat.... she has no where to pee.... guys just aim overboard and shoot. Praying no barracuda is near by LOL