photographer's assistants network

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really cool soey! So how long have u been assisting?

cant remember already. my very first assist is 2-3 yrs back
is adhoc basis like i mention earlier

:)

hi,

i also interested to start off as an assistant...in army right now...hope can do it after i ord...8 more mthss....any tips on where to find lobang?..and what is the pay like?..so roughly can have a gauge...thanks...

hello all!

i'm restarting this thread which started a few years back by stereobox. looking for people to exchange ideas, tips, networking, etc and so on.

i'm currently working as a PA and i thought it'll be cool to know more PAs and probably learn more about this industry!
i also want to be PA if any. Do contact me if got lobang :) . My time is flexiblle

hi,

i also interested to start off as an assistant...in army right now...hope can do it after i ord...8 more mthss....any tips on where to find lobang?..and what is the pay like?..so roughly can have a gauge...thanks...

i also want to be PA if any. Do contact me if got lobang :) . My time is flexiblle

what i can suggest is to email your favourite photographer and ask if they have any vacancies.

just to compile a list of assistants (full time/freelance). please do not add yourself to the list if you're not assisting yet! :) i'm in the midst of trying to plan a get-together if you guys will be interested. to network and make more friends!

1) drumma
2) Getz10
3) rOnGrEn
4) soeypixels
5) peterpanda
6) lamergod(chua_yueda@hotmail.com)
7) edarkflame

Last edited:
good work drumma, it will be good if could include email addy and brief info, so when PA needed, it will be quicker to look for the right person.

Hi all,

I am a full-time photographer seeking a freelance assistant for an editorial shoot this coming wed 1pm, it will be a half day shoot, do let me know if you are interested.

Aidan

Hi all,

I am a full-time photographer seeking a freelance assistant for an editorial shoot this coming wed 1pm, it will be a half day shoot, do let me know if you are interested.

Aidan

thanks for offering work to aspiring photog assistants! But i'd appreciate if you can post in the right sub forums and you can get more response there as well! :)

good work drumma, it will be good if could include email addy and brief info, so when PA needed, it will be quicker to look for the right person.

thanks ben for the suggestion. i guess i'd leave it to them if they want to leave their own contacts.. i can be reached at my signature. :)

Hmmm i was thinking.

While we're here talking about being assistants. Why not discuss about the ethics and behavious an assistant should uphold while doing an assisting job?

I am bringing this up because, I have experienced before things such as, the assistant
giving out his own name cards during shoots, telling my client to call him in future should they require photography services. So perhaps a discussion could be done on this as well?

Hmmm i was thinking.

While we're here talking about being assistants. Why not discuss about the ethics and behavious an assistant should uphold while doing an assisting job?

I am bringing this up because, I have experienced before things such as, the assistant
giving out his own name cards during shoots, telling my client to call him in future should they require photography services. So perhaps a discussion could be done on this as well?

yes.. And i was thinking of sharing such experiences/topics during meetups. In fact i think professional photogs who start as assistant should also join and help facilitate the meetup! Right now i need a sizable number of group..

Hmmm i was thinking.

wah your PA very daring. that's a no-no thing to do :nono:. the PA is under the orders of the photographer, so unless the photographer allows him to do that then he should just do the job of assisting.

hey drumma, you can add me up to the PA list! i've mostly done commercial, studio and corporate shoots. :)

Just saw this thread.... I can be a PA freelance/part-time if you guys need any help. Thanks. Can pm me or contact at 81636892. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.