People who risk kidnap/arrest by rogue nations

my brother got kidnapped by cat catcher . he walked with a limp after that. his ear looked different too.

1. It's a free world. People do what they like whether or not we agree to it or not.

Agree with this one.
I've never thought of visiting those nations till I got my cam, get the hang of shooting, and looking at Tungtong's works.
Now I am so tempted to go NK with my cam.

Let's conclude that Cam, photography and clubsnap are bad influence. :eek:

Families of the 3 young backpackers claimed that they "accidentally crossed the border while backpacking through northern Iraq"

Use your common sense. Draw your own conclusion.

Marivan is inside Iran and is at least 20 km away by road from nearest Iraq/Iran border.

This is how desolate the road looks like. (Photo credit: www.trekearth.com)

marivan.jpg

With this shot, I'd be intrigued if I can get a better view off road during sunset/sunrise.

obviously native country, they are still citizens of their native country. PR just makes them long-term resident of another country.

So those long term resident who refuse to take up citizenship should travel safe. Else we may see the native and adopted countries play tai-chi with each other.

So those long term resident who refuse to take up citizenship should travel safe. Else we may see the native and adopted countries play tai-chi with each other.

haiz... don't know how to explain to you.
Even as a PR, that person is still a citizen of his native country, hence, if sh*t happens, it's his native country's responsibility to save him. Not the country he is PR of.

Agree with this one.
I've never thought of visiting those nations till I got my cam, get the hang of shooting, and looking at Tungtong's works.
Now I am so tempted to go NK with my cam.

Let's conclude that Cam, photography and clubsnap are bad influence. :eek:

Do you even know how to get to DPRK (your NK)? the paperwork involved? your restrictions once you get in there? And the risks involved?

Last edited:
Do you even know how to get to DPRK (your NK)? the paperwork involved? your restrictions once you get in there? And the risks involved?

Its nothing compared to the joy of seeing fatty.. and take picture with him :bsmilie:

Its nothing compared to the joy of seeing fatty.. and take picture with him :bsmilie:

please ensure he is using his binoculars properly.

Why Ricohflex started this thread? Any Singaporean or PR got napped overseas?

What about PR? Who is responsible to extract them - native or adopted country?

Yes. Many of our photographers carrying expensive cameras got napped.

Their families had to pay the Leica-loving kidnappers M9s and Summarit-M lenses as ramsons.

:bsmilie:

haiz... don't know how to explain to you.
Even as a PR, that person is still a citizen of his native country, hence, if sh*t happens, it's his native country's responsibility to save him. Not the country he is PR of.

I know what you meant lah. I am just saying what if the native country very meow and says the PR already spent half his life overseas. Would it come to a point whereby the native country pushes the responsibility to the adopted country. It can happen, isn't it?

Yes. Many of our photographers carrying expensive cameras got napped.

Their families had to pay the Leica-loving kidnappers M9s and Summarit-M lenses as ramsons.

:bsmilie:

Serial number traceable leh. Another reason to buy Leica.

Last edited: