People I met at Tibet - A Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hosea said:
19. long Shadow

Looking at them.. evokes a kind of feeling for this mother and child long shadow..

19A
DSC_2534aFz.jpg

19B
DSC_2535afz.jpg

more pix at thread 100

Stan nice catch on the long throws and plentiful with the shadow details. Mother and child relationship is more evident on the 2nd photo. I am wondering did you shoot wide open with the lens? Abit of CA surfacing on parts of the bicycle on pic1, it seems a tad soft. With the slight difference in the WB on both pics, I prefer the 2nd photo on the morning light i suppose. :thumbsup:

rayshade said:
Stan nice catch on the long throws and plentiful with the shadow details. Mother and child relationship is more evident on the 2nd photo. I am wondering did you shoot wide open with the lens? Abit of CA surfacing on parts of the bicycle on pic1, it seems a tad soft. With the slight difference in the WB on both pics, I prefer the 2nd photo on the morning light i suppose. :thumbsup:
Alan, appreciate your feedback and comment. I shot this pix at a distance at above platform with f2.8@145mm and focus on them, surrounding could be not as sharp. Ya, 1st pix cannot see the child clearly.

Mum, right? Son, maybe left
Their actions make me laugh... with my shaky hand, I just snap them with my non VR lens..
just to share with u.;)
DSC_1743aMs8rz.jpg

more pix at thread #104

looking at your pics....i "bo wei kong" (nothing to say).

your pics have said many things. :thumbsup:

Beautiful pictures!

I'm actually thinking of going tibet and moving south by train to singapore. But driving is something different.

Care to share more insights of ur itineraries? Really keen to walk the paths of urs.:)

Beautiful pictures!

I'm actually thinking of going tibet and moving south by train to singapore. But driving is something different.

Care to share more insights of ur itineraries? Really keen to walk the paths of urs.:)

My itinerary is quite simple.
Fly to Chengdu, than to Lhasa>Tsedang>Gyantse>Shigatse>Namtso>Lhasa.
Places of Interest visited can refer to the link on thread #1. It shows you the places I went to. Wish you a great journey... many had went and never regret.
:)

eh, i thought u drove from singapore to tibet and courier your car back to singapore.

Sorry to probe more questions.

If i were to take train, is it neccessary to buy tickets and visa in advance? Is it possible for me to apply on the day of the journey?

eh, i thought u drove from singapore to tibet and courier your car back to singapore.

Sorry to probe more questions.

If i were to take train, is it neccessary to buy tickets and visa in advance? Is it possible for me to apply on the day of the journey?

Maybe you can make a search 'Tibet' in CS , some of them went by train..Dont need visa if within 15 days for Singaporean.
u can pm if u have more questions.

He was ever with a sincere smile.... never requested for anything but just want a photo.
At his young age, he was carrying a heavy thermos flask for his grandmother...a good grandson.
Even after a year, I still feel for the many peoples I met during my trip at Tibet whenever I look at these photos.

DSC_2140-8RRZ.jpg

I remember this young boy! He's the same one from the one standing with the strong sunlight cast upon him, carrying the thermos with a slight hunch you posted long ago :p
hhehe good shot once again Stan :D!

I remember this young boy! He's the same one from the one standing with the strong sunlight cast upon him, carrying the thermos with a slight hunch you posted long ago :p
hhehe good shot once again Stan :D!

Haha.. Zerodivine, you have a very good memory,This shot was taken after that .. given him some sweet..;) He was very grateful and happy.
Thanks for viewing.

hi, came across this thread as i was looking to get ideas for my upcoming trip to china. your photos are really amazing. love the way you capture people in their surroundings. any tips to share? and would you consider a wide angle lens important to capture the settings with people inside? noticed you used a 12-24.. thanks lots. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

hi, came across this thread as i was looking to get ideas for my upcoming trip to china. your photos are really amazing. love the way you capture people in their surroundings. any tips to share? and would you consider a wide angle lens important to capture the settings with people inside? noticed you used a 12-24.. thanks lots. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

Hi, which part of China are you going? Have a great trip.

Personally, I have the tendency to go close to the subject I wish to capture.The WA lens (12-24mm) is quite useful for this kind of situation; it is not a "shy lens"
Besides, I am able to capture people with its env. such as photo 17, thread 98.A Tele-lens is useful when situations do not permit me to get close to the subject.

The "Feel" of the images is of top priority to me even if it doesn't really appeal “technically”. I seldom use filters too.
Sometimes, it is more productive to "wait" at a selected location to watch the people, happenings, etc passing by me.

This is just my personal preference, hope it helps.

Fantastic series.... the children portraits are great. Have enjoyed your post very much.

Hi, which part of China are you going? Have a great trip.

Personally, I have the tendency to go close to the subject I wish to capture.The WA lens (12-24mm) is quite useful for this kind of situation; it is not a "shy lens"
Besides, I am able to capture people with its env. such as photo 17, thread 98.A Tele-lens is useful when situations do not permit me to get close to the subject.

The "Feel" of the images is of top priority to me even if it doesn't really appeal “technically”. I seldom use filters too.
Sometimes, it is more productive to "wait" at a selected location to watch the people, happenings, etc passing by me.

This is just my personal preference, hope it helps.

i'm going to a small county in the Hunan area. but i will be travelling in a group so it'd be quite difficult for me to get up close.. i have a 28-300 zoom that isnt very sharp and a nikon 18-70 kit lens.. which one would you recommend i use? should i give up the sharpness for the range? or force myself to pluck up the courage and go in close?

looking to do people shots.. kinda like..highlighting their way of life, the more tender moments etc.. any tips? besides practice, haha. i know the only way to improve is that. but..other than that? thanks haha=) kinda noob.

btw, about your "feel" of the image, its up to me to "see" and "assess" what i think it feels like right? as in..with the added context and all? just checking. thanks. =)

i'm going to a small county in the Hunan area. but i will be travelling in a group so it'd be quite difficult for me to get up close.. i have a 28-300 zoom that isnt very sharp and a nikon 18-70 kit lens.. which one would you recommend i use? should i give up the sharpness for the range? or force myself to pluck up the courage and go in close?

looking to do people shots.. kinda like..highlighting their way of life, the more tender moments etc.. any tips? besides practice, haha. i know the only way to improve is that. but..other than that? thanks haha=) kinda noob.

btw, about your "feel" of the image, its up to me to "see" and "assess" what i think it feels like right? as in..with the added context and all? just checking. thanks. =)

in the first place, you are finalising on bringing and using only 1 lens? other than doing environmetal portraits and activities, would you foresee yourself shooting anything else?

in the first place, you are finalising on bringing and using only 1 focal length? other than doing environmetal portraits and activities, would you foresee yourself shooting anything else?

nope. i think i'll be bringing both lenses. i find my 18-70 is much sharper and i do want to challenge myself to talk to the people i've shot. other than portraits, uhm, it would be just the normal group pics and some who's-doing-what kind of shots..any pointers? thanks. all this info is gg into my photog log book. haha. i.e. what to do and what not to do. and ideas for shoots..

re: hosea: is it fine w you if i try to imitate your portrait styles?

Status
Not open for further replies.