Pentax or Canon??

I had bought a Pentax K20D 3 weeks ago, but feel a bit regret and i dont know what the reason, maybe because of the brand??! K20D or Canon 500D? Shall i sell off my K20D?:dunno:

I tried my friend's pentax and thought it was a pretty good camera.

If you open any DSLR and see what lies near the viewfinder, most likely there is either pentaprism or pentamirror. Hey, the brand is there also.

So don't feel inferior, be proud of your gears.

LOL, the word pentax came from PENTA-prism and CONTAX.

I would rather look at the entire system instead of just one camera. You are just affected by the massive branding Canon has done a great job in.

take a walk outside. 80% of young kids holding DSLR are canon users. not cause they are the best, but because they are so called "branded". everyday see canon advert on TV. used to see the 550d. now its the 60D's turn.

can't fault Canon for their marketing success... that's the name of the game isn't it?
Get more DSLRs out to market, which would inadvertently translate to greater sales for lenses and everything else.

You think Pentax wouldn't jump at the chance to be in Canon's shoes?
If people wanna buy into a certain brand BECAUSE of the brand name, then so be it. Just admit it straight-off and don't hide behind "oh.... my ____ can't give me as nice colours as Canon"

that, to me, is laugh-able

I had bought a Pentax K20D 3 weeks ago, but feel a bit regret and i dont know what the reason, maybe because of the brand??! K20D or Canon 500D? Shall i sell off my K20D?:dunno:

If you want to sell your soul... go ahead and do it.. :rolleyes:

why you feel the regret? My first camera was a Pentax. It was my best camera. It went up mountains with me and to deserts without giving any trouble. The last place was in South Pole. No joke...

I left my camera behind for 5 years in South Pole because I had to leave with minimum barang barang on a small plane. Last year I brought back my baby and it is sitting proudly in my showcase.

So tell us here...what's wrong with your Pentax K20D? :confused:

why did you buy the Pentax in the first place? :dunno:

TS bought it on impulse. It was Sony, now is Canon, next will be ... :bsmilie:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760385

Seriously, if you really can't sleep because you own inferior brand, then just sell your camera and buy the superior brand. That will save a lot of troubles. Nothing wrong with buying something because of the brand.

TS bought it on impulse. It was Sony, now is Canon, next will be ... :bsmilie:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760385

Seriously, if you really can't sleep because you own inferior brand, then just sell your camera and buy the superior brand. That will save a lot of troubles. Nothing wrong with buying something because of the brand.

oh....ic ic.....
i think it will be prudent to put quotation marks around "inferior" and "superior" though...
i don't think there is anything inferior or superior about these brands....only consumer perception and make marketing...

so after TS go canon.. might start a thread asking canon or nikon better?

take a walk outside. 80% of young kids holding DSLR are canon users. not cause they are the best, but because they are so called "branded". everyday see canon advert on TV. used to see the 550d. now its the 60D's turn.

:bsmilie:Very much agree on this. Was working at orchard for the past few months. And saw so many kids holding on 550D. Some even use it to snap price tag on product.

oh....ic ic.....
i think it will be prudent to put quotation marks around "inferior" and "superior" though...
i don't think there is anything inferior or superior about these brands....only consumer perception and make marketing...

But not everyone thinks the way u do;p
As wad TS stated, he is being troubled by the brand and it is the 2nd time he posted the same thing. I wont be surprise that a 3rd thread comparing xxx brand with xxx brand again from him.:sticktong

To TS:

Every brand have their pros and cons, not 1 brand is better then the other.

Lets take for example canon is the best brand. If everyone thinks the same way, i can say nikon, pentax, sony etc... they will have to close their current business and start on a new. (Everyone is going for canon, the rest eat air)

Treasure what u have now is the correct thing to do rather then comparing.

FYI, i'm using a pentax k-x, and i'm proud of it. :D

Last edited:
That's why my normal walkabout is A550 with 16-105. :)

But there are people out there who have quite literally said that "If you want to shoot portraits, must get Canon" and that's when it's a good time to shut them up with pictures.

I don't care about what brand people shoot with. But ignorance annoys the cr@p out of me.

ur not the only one.

HONESTLY. here, those who are more experienced. can we all say... "if u give me any dslr, i can shoot and it doesnt make much of a difference?"

life is so short dont need to get upset over a camera brand. Want to change just change. Just do whatever makes you happier.

Alot of people here including me come here and compare which camera and lenses is best and forget to go out and shoot...

you need to spend more time with your camera rather than clubsnap .. shoot more and married to your cam

leica best!

TS, actually you are right. Pentax K20D really sucks. But don't worry. I will help you and buy all your pentax stuff over for $200. Then I will help you dispose of it.

Then you can go buy a Sony NEX or Canon camera and fulfill your dreams.

How? on or not?