Pentax KX or Canon 450d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to CS :) Do your homework & go get a feel of the cameras. The final decision is yours ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions. :) Will find one day to test out both the cameras.

Thanks for all the suggestions. :) Will find one day to test out both the cameras.
simplest...just join one of the various gatherings and ask if can try their cameras or can go the various showrooms.

I am stuck with Nikon D5000 and Pentax....

Argh....... got to buy tmr, been dragging for too long, any advice pls

[2nd timer]K-x, easy pick[/2nd timer]

see what features you need more.

toss a coin ;)

seriously.... you provide 2 sentences with hardly any info, how do you expect a reasonable answer?

toss a coin ;)

seriously.... you provide 2 sentences with hardly any info, how do you expect a reasonable answer?

OOPPSS SORRY.

Ok I like D5000's tiltable screen but pentax offer of dual lens is very attractive, espically the zoom lens, is exactly what i wanted.

So donno wht to do....

price aside, Nikon wins, for me, the tiltable lens, again Pentax is too good to be misses either.... siong man

OOPPSS SORRY.

Ok I like D5000's tiltable screen but pentax offer of dual lens is very attractive, espically the zoom lens, is exactly what i wanted.

So donno wht to do....

price aside, Nikon wins, for me, the tiltable lens, again Pentax is too good to be misses either.... siong man

so i suppose you have to compare D5000 + 18-55 kit lens + 55-200
vs
Pentax K-X + dual lens kit

I'm not sure about the prices for both combos, though I'm pretty sure the Nikon will cost more.
Then you have to decide whether it's WORTH the price difference...

go for PENTAX K-X. :thumbsup:

so i suppose you have to compare D5000 + 18-55 kit lens + 55-200
vs
Pentax K-X + dual lens kit

I'm not sure about the prices for both combos, though I'm pretty sure the Nikon will cost more.
Then you have to decide whether it's WORTH the price difference...

Yes Nikon cost abt 300 more....

OOPPSS SORRY.

So donno wht to do....

Hi Tom, welcome to Clubsnap :)

Are you sure you got your prices right?

Nikon D5000 + 18-55mm is ~$1150
Pentax K-x + 18-55mm + 50-200mm is ~$900
Pentax K-x + 18-55mm + 55-300mm is ~$1110

It looks like Pentax K-x wins on price... and you get a free telephoto zoom lens on top of that.

OOPPSS SORRY.

So donno wht to do....

Here is a side by side to let you compare feature to feature
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...byside&cameras=pentax_kx,nikon_d5000&show=all

Think over what you want to do with the tilt screen on the D5000. Is it going to be used often (Self portrait? Odd angled photos? Really??).

;-
Hi Tom, welcome to Clubsnap :)

Are you sure you got your prices right?

Nikon D5000 + 18-55mm is ~$1150
Pentax K-x + 18-55mm + 55-300mm is ~$1110

It looks like Pentax K-x wins on price... and you get a free telephoto zoom lens on top of that.

was quoted for d5000
18-55mm + 50-200mm(VR) is ~$1470 with gst and 2% Visa payment

Here is a side by side to let you compare feature to feature
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...byside&cameras=pentax_kx,nikon_d5000&show=all

Think over what you want to do with the tilt screen on the D5000. Is it going to be used often (Self portrait? Odd angled photos? Really??).

Ok the maunal focus point is something that bugs me too, as I do not wish to have all my subjects to be in the middle of the picutre. I would love to have them sometimes to the right or left......

D5000 can do manual focus with the help of the focus point in the viewfinder which Pentax is lack off too.

Than again, I am impress by Pentax reviews from users and experts no less. So heandache:confused:

Ok the maunal focus point is something that bugs me too, as I do not wish to have all my subjects to be in the middle of the picutre. I would love to have them sometimes to the right or left......

D5000 can do manual focus with the help of the focus point in the viewfinder which Pentax is lack off too.

Than again, I am impress by Pentax reviews from users and experts no less. So heandache:confused:

if im not wrong both pentax and nikon got 11 focus point? even without 11 focus point there is the option of focus lock - keeping your shutter button half press while shooting @ AF-S(autofocus still for nikon....dunno what its call in pentax).

must ask the pentax user though...im not too sure if k-x have focus confirmation for manual focus...i think it should have. im quite sure nikon have though.
i read somewhere pentax has green hexagon when its in focus. nikon has a green dot.

im pretty sure k-x is better price from other threads in cs.
K-x Body only: $745
K-x w/ DAL 18-55: $800
K-x w/ DAL 18-55 + DAL 50-200: $920
K-x w/ DAL 18-55 + DAL 55-300: $1140

but u said must buy today....i think u will end up with nikon since all the k-x are sold out .:bsmilie:

if you ask me.i would grab k-x (despite me being a nikon user).

Last edited:
if im not wrong both pentax and nikon got 11 focus point? even without 11 focus point there is the option of focus lock - keeping your shutter button half press while shooting @ AF-S(autofocus still for nikon....dunno what its call in pentax).

must ask the pentax user though...im not too sure if k-x have focus confirmation for manual focus...i think it should have. im quite sure nikon have though

but u said must buy today....i think u will end up with nikon since all the k-x are sold out .:bsmilie:

Aiyo...... must buy today b4 my wife change her mind about me getting one....

Aiyo...... must buy today b4 my wife change her mind about me getting one....

tell ur wife..the only xmm you shoot is her, she sure let you buy. haha

must ask the pentax user though...im not too sure if k-x have focus confirmation for manual focus...i think it should have. im quite sure nikon have though.
i read somewhere pentax has green hexagon when its in focus. nikon has a green dot.

if you ask me.i would grab k-x (despite me being a nikon user).

I think they are still available at CP-M...price wise I think a bit different...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.