Pentax @ IT Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just at the Pentax booth.

Abit disappointed that the booth is kinda small, especially because they have such a GREAT camera on show, but just a lack of publicity.

I tried my hands on the K20D with DA*200 2.8.

I must say that K20D is quite an improvement over K10D. The pictures straight out of the cam in jpeg were like K10D's raw-processed pictures.

High ISO performance is good too. ISO1600 no problem.

Liveview had lag, but useful for framing. Was trying it with the 12-24mm lens. The really interesting thing is that you could see the SR working ! I tried 200mm w/o SR and w/ SR, and w/ SR and I could see that w/ SR, the shaking was damped.

Now... I kinda regret selling off my voigtlander ! Imagine voightlander 125mm with K20D liveview... !

cheers

Just came back from IT show as I went during the "Rush Hour" (8pm++) Lots of items are on sales from camera to LCD TV. But I dun think the price of Pentax had been slashed on paper, which other competitor had done it. :think:

I almost miss the Pentax booth as it was hidden among the row of white booth that sells computer accessories and banks. Sad to say that the booth does not have much patrons even it was so crowded. :(

Just came back from IT show as I went during the "Rush Hour" (8pm++) Lots of items are on sales from camera to LCD TV. But I dun think the price of Pentax had been slashed on paper, which other competitor had done it. :think:

I almost miss the Pentax booth as it was hidden among the row of white booth that sells computer accessories and banks. Sad to say that the booth does not have much patrons even it was so crowded. :(

I nearly wanted to go there at 8.30pm but in the end decided against it thinking about how crowded it would be and that I actually have nothing in mind to buy. So the price of the Pentax stuff did not drop even at 8.30pm? :)

welcome to the rebellion!;)
How much did you pay for it? If going there is not that inconvenient (i.e. you DON'T drive!), then may be worthwhile to wait till 8.30pm tomorrow evening to buy it...that's when prices come down or more goodies thrown in...

$899 as listed in the flyer lor... i could have asked for a discount rite? zzzz... and btw.. im sianed lor.. the tripod is crap.. haiz.. now need to save up for a tripod as well...

$899 as listed in the flyer lor... i could have asked for a discount rite? zzzz... and btw.. im sianed lor.. the tripod is crap.. haiz.. now need to save up for a tripod as well...

I think you could squeeze a little more if you had really wanted to buy it.
Why do you need to save for a tripod? For less than $100, you can get a really good one.
Not manfrotto or gitzo but any of the china made brands should be good for a light load like a DSLR...

are u referring to those Benro or PPCP ones? hmm... alrite then.. then i don have to save for so long, but need to get dry-cabinet first... :)

Maybe I have been spoilt by Pentax lenses. :bsmilie:
But still a check shows that a Nikkor 300 2.8 is about US$4000+ which is about S$6000+. The Sony's is almost double the price! Also I think a 70-200 f2.8 is generally about $2000+?

Never again shall anyone complaint that the DA limited is expensive! ;)

The 70-200G is 3699 currently...well i i remembered correctly.

I nearly wanted to go there at 8.30pm but in the end decided against it thinking about how crowded it would be and that I actually have nothing in mind to buy. So the price of the Pentax stuff did not drop even at 8.30pm? :)

From the flyer, I see that the price is still the same whereas at 4th floor, the samsung PnS and 3rd floor, sony Pns are already slashing their prices. :bsmilie:

I did not wanna go and ask about the Pentax prices as it was full of sales people, aggressively pushing flyers (Giving 2 flyers to 1 person), unlike other booth, all shouting for discounts, negotiable prices... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.