Pentax DFA* 85 mm f1.4 Test shot

Thank you.

You can download the files from Flickr. I’m not sure why the Exif data isn’t showing.

If I recall correctly it’s shot at f1.4 iso 6400.

Thank you.

You can download the files from Flickr. I’m not sure why the Exif data isn’t showing.

No worries. This lens is really a gem. Great

looks quite sharp wide open

Sometime this week I'll try and take a variety of shots at different apertures and post it up here for people to better evaluate

Thank you.

Welcome to the Pentax family. Tried to look at your exif files but the photo is no longer in Flickr.

ah is the flick link down ? can't see the images.. do share more on your thoughts of the lens?

Just a few brief words on the lens. On the images, fantastic as can be expected. Tack sharp, no evidence of distortion. No significant CA noted. The Bokeh is beautiful, although front bokeh in my opinion is a little less pleasing than the back bokeh. Handling on the K1 is excellent. On the heavy side to be sure but its perfectly balanced with no significant fatigue noticed during my time using the lens. I think if people are looking for a no compromise top of the line lens then this is as close at it gets for any system, not just Pentax.

Reactions: otc and ranchy
Just a few brief words on the lens. On the images, fantastic as can be expected. Tack sharp, no evidence of distortion. No significant CA noted. The Bokeh is beautiful, although front bokeh in my opinion is a little less pleasing than the back bokeh. Handling on the K1 is excellent. On the heavy side to be sure but its perfectly balanced with no significant fatigue noticed during my time using the lens. I think if people are looking for a no compromise top of the line lens then this is as close at it gets for any system, not just Pentax.

Woot.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Looks likes it's a wonderful lens!!!

Reactions: otc