PC always hang

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing is reformat. Always run OS in c: wif no other program install in dat drive accept for drivers & run other program in other drive dat will makes your OS run smoothly. If dat doesn't help then it is hardware problem.

Might be due to insufficient space in your hard disk. Do a directory check to determine % of hard disk in use. If this is the case you'll need to relocate spare space to the partition using software like Partition Magic or Acronis Disk Director.

You may wish to reassign a new Paging File for your WinXP under a different partition. Expanding your Paging File may hasten operating speed.

Likewise Photoshop uses a similar concept of a virtual memory. Reassigning it to a different partition will also help hasten operating speed.

Do a search for these temporary files and delete them away. Begin with those in subfolders first before deleting the main folder... ~*.* and *.tmp
Recommend to use CrapCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com :thumbsup:

Do the above only after you've cleaned up any suspected viruses or trojans in your system.

installed both AVG Antivirus and AVG Antispy, cleaned 300+virus and spyware, my PC is back to normal.:thumbsup: very good free stuff.

The problem is, once a while, a window will pop up, virus detected, need to click to delete, is it because of my pc is connected to internet and the virus is not cleaned thoroughly?

installed both AVG Antivirus and AVG Antispy, cleaned 300+virus and spyware, my PC is back to normal.:thumbsup: very good free stuff.

The problem is, once a while, a window will pop up, virus detected, need to click to delete, is it because of my pc is connected to internet and the virus is not cleaned thoroughly?
You have to permanantly remove the virus or spyware. The file (should be in the windows folder or temporary files usually) or registry key is still inside your system.

Delete all the temporary files in C:\Document and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp and C:\Document and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folders will help to solve your problems.

Alternatively, do a disk cleanup for temporary files and temporary internet files. And empty the recycle bin.

Yes agree but sometimes we have to crack our heads just remove one silly viral or spyware infection....
Ok, maybe I've overlook the point where I had to do it almost everyday at work ...

But come to think of it, reinstalling every driver and software is quite troublesome as well. Not to mention backing up the remainder data which you want to keep (which may be infected as well).

I've no problems with reinstalling too, but will suggest to those especially who had never done any reformatting before, to use antivirus and antispyware and try to do the job. They might end up with more problems with the pc than before for eg, drivers don't work, can't find driver CD, shop didn't provide the driver CD and so on?

best is to reformat and reinstall OS....

Yes, reformat and reinstall OS can resolve the problem, but in case after a while, it happens again, how?

Yes, reformat and reinstall OS can resolve the problem, but in case after a while, it happens again, how?

hire yilishengxian to solve the problem for you....

If you need help for your PC, do call me. I can help you cos this is my ricebowl:)

(8288-9972 Sunny)

i'm currently using AVG, avast! and windows defender..no problems for the past year...

use Norton Ghost to backup fresh copy of windows and all the necessasry softwares that you need....so in the event the pc crash again just load the backup.....

gosh 300+... anyway what version of windows XP are you using? a patched SP2 should encounter this... at least for all my 3(installed with avast only) comps and they are all connected to the internet as long as they are switched on.

get a Mac

hahahaha or install win98se <---- i like this and i know hackers not writing virus for this platform liao

ehehehehe

use Norton Ghost to backup fresh copy of windows and all the necessasry softwares that you need....so in the event the pc crash again just load the backup.....

iusually do this AFTER my first virgin installation and setting up

so if it becomes unstable, immediately backup data and clone over c: with the image:) hehehe

gosh 300+... anyway what version of windows XP are you using? a patched SP2 should encounter this... at least for all my 3(installed with avast only) comps and they are all connected to the internet as long as they are switched on.
Don't be surprised, a patched version of win xp with sp2 with the antivirus and antispyware softwares installed, can still be infected with this amount of adware and viruses.

If you pay attention to the detected column, you'll notice that, they are actually different files infected with the same virus, or same adware with a number of different registry keys and files associating with it.

It's usually the user's surfing style which will vary the number of these unwanted wares to infect the pc. One of the simple maintanance should be to empty those temporary folders regulary as most of the spyware resides in them, look at the scan results. Other than that, just scan regulary ...

Status
Not open for further replies.