ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
If you just registered and/or are wondering why you
a) cannot take part in, or create polls
b) cannot create a new thread in Consumers Corner

please continue reading.

Q1) Why can't I take part in Polls/create a new Poll?
A1) We have instituted a minimum number of posts AND a timespan limit for New Members before they can take part in, or create, a poll.

Q2) Why?
A2) We have had incidences where new members were purposely registered to create nonsense polls, or to bubble up polls which are very old, thus cluttering up the forum. This limit prevents that from happening.

Q3) How soon can I take part in, or create, a poll?
A3) You need to be registered for more than 30 days AND have more than 50 posts to be able to take part in, or create, a poll.

Q4) Why can't I create a new thread in Consumers Corner?
A4) Similiar to the Polling ability, we have also instituted a minimum number of posts AND a timespan limit in Consumers Corner for creating a new thread (members can reply and take part in an existing thread, but cannot create a new thread).

Q5) Why?
A5) Again, abuse of posting priviledges in Consumers Corner necessitated the restrictions being put in place. We have had incidences of fraudulent MOs, Mass Sales, spam advertising by newly registered members. This is again done to prevent such incidences from re-occuring.

Q6) How soon can I create a New Thread in Consumers Corner?
A6) You need to be registered for more than 90 days AND have more than 100 posts to be able to post New Thread in Consumers Corner.

Q7) Can I request for special permission to create a new thread in Consumers Corner?
A) Depending on circumstances, yes. If you have something to share (eg great price, good shop, some deal) you can create your thread in another subforum (eg in Kopitiam or General) and request a Moderator to move it to Consumers Corner for you - this will be dependant on the contents of the thread and whether it is suitable for moving to Consumers Corner.