Part of History...antique Singer sewing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning is the hand crank model, then comes the leg paddle, after that, modify into semi-auto, now, mostly electric, some comes with auto embroidery template installed. There are also the heavy duty type which still can be seen in those shops selling canvas sheet along Syed Alwi Street.

About the photo...without reading the write up...most would not be able to tell what is it, only those who had seen it before.

Last edited:
ya...only those who had seen it, can visualize it...

yup, can turn upside for storage.

funny, i also kena if i'm caught playing with the paddle...lol

ya...only those who had seen it, can visualize it...

yup, can turn upside for storage.

funny, i also kena if i'm caught playing with the paddle...lol

same. play with paddle = getting beat by mama later le. haha.

i guess we all ard the same age group :D

i still c the sewing machine, it's kept in a room,but it's no longer a work horse nowadays...

i guess we all ard the same age group :D

i still c the sewing machine, it's kept in a room,but it's no longer a work horse nowadays...

I am forever 21 ... haha.
My mother calls it a white elephant... so in the end it was threw away.

Hmm, my mum's also foot peddle and all, but tink ALSO got electric plug to turn it auto, no need to peddle??... :)

Who can resist playing with those peddles man...psp suck..lol

I have one of these old and a modern one from Singer which can do embroidery back at my home in India. Both of the machines are now converted into Electric motor driven with a manual override using the pedal. Should go back sometime end of this year to get pictures of those antiques :p

If my memory serve me correct, last year, there was a post here also on sewing machine, but in colour, that set of pictures seems to have a more rustic and antique quality than this, sorry to dissappoint. Wonder how many can recall.

it' ok.
here to learn anyway.
i would like to c how other ppl present their thoughts on the same subject too

If my memory serve me correct, last year, there was a post here also on sewing machine, but in colour, that set of pictures seems to have a more rustic and antique quality than this, sorry to dissappoint. Wonder how many can recall.

Found this one but no pix liao... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233548&highlight=sewing+machine

Most of the others with sewing machine don't fit your description ...

Have it in my house. In fact, right behind me as I type... Haha. The belts broken, otherwise still functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.