Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8

You are right to say the silent mode must be set to "off" but Ryan says devileagleclaws must be on( using ) electronic silent mode. :)

Wrong used of 'must" in a sentence.

Wrong used of 'must" in a sentence.

I was referring in the context of the complaint by devileagleclaws who said he/she cannot get the shutter to be slower by 1 second.

Thus, my guess was that it occured because he/she must have been on electric silent mode (meaning he/she must have set the electronic silent mode to ON), therefore causing the slowest possible shutter speed to be 1 second.

So, in another words, if he/she is NOT on electric silent mode (meaning setting the electric silent mode to off), then his/her complaint will be resolved ... (which he/she eventually did & solved !)

Last edited:
Can't help it not to comment. If I were to reconstruct the sentence it would be:

The user "could have been" on electronic silent mode...

This makes the sentence past participle and easier to understand.

Can't help it not to comment. If I were to reconstruct the sentence it would be:

The user "could have been" on electronic silent mode...

This makes the sentence past participle and easier to understand.

Doesn't matter, as Long as the solution solved my problem. Thanks all

Here's a question to all the gx8 owners. How long does the battery last for video? I have need for it to last at least 90 min. For my gh3, that's not a problem. This could be a deal breaker for me thinking of moving to the gx8 :)

Here's a question to all the gx8 owners. How long does the battery last for video? I have need for it to last at least 90 min. For my gh3, that's not a problem. This could be a deal breaker for me thinking of moving to the gx8 :)

U mean 90 mins continuos ?

U mean 90 mins continuos ?
yep. Continuous. Can a single gx8 battery last that long? Unfortunately no battery grip. Otherwise it could mean I need to wait for gh5

Last edited:
yep. Continuous. Can a single gx8 battery last that long?
Haven't try leh ...

Unfortunately no battery grip. Otherwise it could mean I need to wait for gh5
I have the battery grip for gh3, which I think can be used for gh4 too ... just PM me, I can lend you if you want ...

yep. Continuous. Can a single gx8 battery last that long? Unfortunately no battery grip. Otherwise it could mean I need to wait for gh5

Comparing the battery capacity it's 1200mah v 1860mah. So for a simple comparison, (assuming power usage of both cameras are similar) it's approx 65% of the capacity of the gh3/4.

I use the GH4 and GX8 and the battery life of the GX8 is not very good, regardless of what I'm shooting. I have 3 batteries for the GX8 and 2 for the GH4, including one that I bought for the GH3 that is still fine. I don't think that the battery life of the GX8 is worse than the GH4--just that the battery (1220 mAh versus 1860) is small.

Haven't try leh ...

I have the battery grip for gh3, which I think can be used for gh4 too ... just PM me, I can lend you if you want ...

:) No need bro! But thanks! I do have a GH3 grip. Was just grumbling that theres no gx8 grip :(

I use the GH4 and GX8 and the battery life of the GX8 is not very good, regardless of what I'm shooting. I have 3 batteries for the GX8 and 2 for the GH4, including one that I bought for the GH3 that is still fine. I don't think that the battery life of the GX8 is worse than the GH4--just that the battery (1220 mAh versus 1860) is small.

ah.. not sure if that's a good way to gauge.. but its a start.

ah.. not sure if that's a good way to gauge.. but its a start.

I don't believe that there is a good way, at least, with what I shoot. If I use each during a 3-4 hour shoot, I generally have to change the GX8 battery. I don't do more than 2 minutes per clip but I may end up with 40 clips and 700 photos on the GX8. The only extra drain is the weak IBIS, which probably doesn't use much battery life.

It's unfortunate that Panasonic didn't use a larger battery.

Anyone know what is the latest deal for GX8 with 12-35mm 2.8 lens? I am using a A6000 and intent to change to GX8. Sony dont seems to have a decent zoom lens worth investing. Please do let me know if anyone know the latest deal. Thanks !

Anyone know what is the latest deal for GX8 with 12-35mm 2.8 lens? I am using a A6000 and intent to change to GX8. Sony dont seems to have a decent zoom lens worth investing. Please do let me know if anyone know the latest deal. Thanks !

How about you wait until May? Sigma releasing the MC-11 for e mount and it will allow you to adapt 15 sigma EF lenses to Sony e mount with full control and af. That will allow you to use the sigma 17-70 /2.8-4 which is a pretty decent zoom lens.

I am using a A6000 and intent to change to GX8. Sony dont seems to have a decent zoom lens worth investing....

How about you wait until May? Sigma releasing the MC-11 for e mount and it will allow you to adapt 15 sigma EF lenses to Sony e mount with full control and af. That will allow you to use the sigma 17-70 /2.8-4 which is a pretty decent zoom lens.

Hahaha ... looks like gotta change to Sony e-mount instead ? :bsmilie:

Hahaha ... looks like gotta change to Sony e-mount instead ? :bsmilie:

ya.. no need for him to change camera system.. A6000 with Sigma MC11 + Sigma 17-70/2.8-4 should be ok..

Changing a system is not an issue for me as I only have a6000 and the kit lens so I am not in the position where I have to get rid of my e mounts. So still considering. I'm looking at m43 cause they have standard zoom at 2.8 constant which I think is all I need. I won't want to have a e mount and buy adaptor and another lens. And end up only have that specific option. I think changing of system seems more ideal for me.

Question is which system.
I'm looking at a few options xt1, xt10, em ii, em1, gx8.

I find xt1 may be replaced soon and their lens are quite expensive. Em5 sounds alright, em1 may be replaced soon (idea of getting an old model), and gx8 seems pretty good and it's new. But still considering.

Changing a system is not an issue for me as I only have a6000 and the kit lens so I am not in the position where I have to get rid of my e mounts. So still considering. I'm looking at m43 cause they have standard zoom at 2.8 constant which I think is all I need. I won't want to have a e mount and buy adaptor and another lens. And end up only have that specific option. I think changing of system seems more ideal for me. Question is which system. I'm looking at a few options xt1, xt10, em ii, em1, gx8. I find xt1 may be replaced soon and their lens are quite expensive. Em5 sounds alright, em1 may be replaced soon (idea of getting an old model), and gx8 seems pretty good and it's new. But still considering.

Ah ok. Panny just announced a GX85. Smaller /cheaper than GX8 but with most of the features. Has IBIS so can stabilise oly or adapted lenses. Also can stabilise video. You might want to add that to the list.