Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38 is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it out yet?

thinkin to buy new camera..

either this or Lx3..

Out in october

Mscolor equote was FZ35---$650(inc.gst) free 8 card, case

Where get the accessories for FZ35? I intended to get the len protector DMW-LMC46. I think it is the same type for LX3.

Is there a compatible protector from Hoya?

Is the fz38 available yet in singapore? it is not in malaysia

?? Hi, I just went to Malacca 1 week ago.
And saw this latest model over there @ the shopping centre already.
Actually, abit shocked, cos i bought my FZ-28 when there is no new models released ;p

I went to funan to check out the prices of fz35. Forget to ask if the price quoted was inclusive of gst and what freebies are there.

Song brothers - $635 quoted by shop salesman, gst, freebies and warranty details is unknown. $699(inclusive of GST) with 8gb, case, international & local warranty available when I call the funan shop. Don't ask me why the price so big diff as I have no idea either.

Alan photo - $640 quoted by shop salesman. GST, freebies and warranty details is unknown. $645(inclusive of GST) with 8gb, case, local warranty when I call the funan shop. $600(NOT INCLUSIVE OF GST!!) via equote. Freebies and warranty details is unknown. Condition is to pay by cash.

Parisilk - $643(inclusive of GST) with 8gb, case, international warranty when I call the shop.

Mscolor - $650(inclusive of GST) with 8gb, case, local warranty by both equote and when I call the shop.

Bally photo electronics - $650quoted by shop salesman. GST, freebies and warranty details is unknown.

Cathy - $680 quoted by shop salesman, with 8gb and case. GST and warranty details is unknown.

South Asian Computer - $699 quoted by shop salesman with case, 8gb, screen protector and tripod. GST and warranty details unknown.

John 3:16 - Stock have not arrive

Mustafa - Stock have not arrive

I just want to get the camera, case and 8gb card. Screen protector i will get it from another place and i dun need a tripod. Was thinking of getting from song brothers as the price is the lowest quoted. Hope you all can give me some advice (first time I am getting a camera) on which shop to buy from as I have been getting mix reviews about the reputation of some of the shops. Thanks.

Last edited:
anyone checked with mostafa? it was the cheapest + free stuff in town when i got my FZ18

Oh ya. I forget to include mustafa. Their fz35 stocks have not arrive either. But is products sold at mustafa local warrenty? As last time I buy a philips gogear player, I wasn't given a warrenty card and told by the salesman to register online intstead.

The range is fine but shld maintain a constant f2.8 thruout...like FZ-20.
If they increase range, i fear more CA like other lenses, than LEICA lenses wouldn't be LEICA anymore :(

Also if they add more pixels, than dynamic ranges and noise all go down too:(

That's why I'm keeping my precious FZ20 :D

Mustafa FZ35 selling at $669. Basement 2. Happy 24hrs shopping!

Last edited:
Just bought from ms color today $650 cash with 8gb card + case + screen protector. Beautiful little gem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.