Pan Leica 25mm 1.4

If the 25mm f/1.4 costs $1k, will the price of the 20mm f/1.7 seem reasonable then ? :think:

I'm just saying that since the 20mm 1.7's inception, it's retail was at 450. It decreased soon after to discounted prices but recently it shot back up. Even second hand prices (used for a year etc) are sold more then the retail that was 2 years ago.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking since I'm on a tight budget. Btw the 25mm 1.4 will cost less than that. :), retails for 599 USD at Adorama.

Very nice. Hope to get it

Don't get your hopes too high, prices of Panny products in SG are always higher than US due to the purchasing power of the mass.
A USD 599 price tag might translate to a SGD 980 price like the 8mm FE which it was first release locally.
I just hope it doesn't cross the 1K barrier as glass for glass, paying an L-lens pricing for a Panny lens sucks.
Lecia DG, not Lecia hoh.

Don't get your hopes too high, prices of Panny products in SG are always higher than US due to the purchasing power of the mass.
A USD 599 price tag might translate to a SGD 980 price like the 8mm FE which it was first release locally.
I just hope it doesn't cross the 1K barrier as glass for glass, paying an L-lens pricing for a Panny lens sucks.
Lecia DG, not Lecia hoh.

Unless ask someone to lompang back to SG from USA lor :D Anyone living in USA coming back to SG?;p

I'm just saying that since the 20mm 1.7's inception, it's retail was at 450. It decreased soon after to discounted prices but recently it shot back up. Even second hand prices (used for a year etc) are sold more then the retail that was 2 years ago.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking since I'm on a tight budget. Btw the 25mm 1.4 will cost less than that. :), retails for 599 USD at Adorama.
The 20mm f/1.7 has never sold at $450 retail here in Singapore. I bought one in Dec 09 not long after it was launched for $530 from my regular dealer who has always given me the best prices. The only instances when it sold for less than $500 was when owners of GF1 kits with the 20mm as a kit lens didn't want it and sold it off. Today's standalone street price is still about the same.

The 20mm f/1.7 has never sold at $450 retail here in Singapore. I bought one in Dec 09 not long after it was launched for $530 from my regular dealer who has always given me the best prices. The only instances when it sold for less than $500 was when owners of GF1 kits with the 20mm as a kit lens didn't want it and sold it off. Today's standalone street price is still about the same.

I second that...

At US$599 retail, it would be sgd$736 after 1.23 exchange rate, and sgd755 after the 2.5% credit card fees, and sgd$808 after 7% GST.

By the way, it's listed on Amazon Japan at 58800yen which translate to sgd900 (or $855 after tax rebate for non-Japanese buyers).
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Panasonic-LEICA-SUMMILUX-ASPH-H-X025/dp/B0055N2L22

if as estimated at SGD900 for the 25mm, so much higher than the 20mm i dun think the price of 20mm will drop much.. afterall, it will still be a cheaper and good alternative killer lens that m4/3 user has high regards for so long since it was introduced...

unless a lot of us die die wana get rid of it to fund for the 25mm then the 20mm price might be rotten.. then again, you probably can't stuff the 25mm inside your jeans pocket like we used to do for the 20mm... keke..

Last edited:
What's the difference?

Design and supervised by Lecia and Made by Lecia... small difference in naming but big difference in price.

Sian, 25mm/F1.4... another big hole in my back pocket.
Soon you all can see my axx hxxx since the back of my pants is going to be truely burnt.

Maybe I'm so noob i don't get it... so indulge me another noob qn.

25mm vs 20mm
f1.4 vs f1.7
Leica-whatever-whatever vs Lumix

The only real diff is who made it, and possibly (anecdotally) glass is better (less CA/etc based on track record)? 0.3 f's can't be worth that much, can it? :S

Otherwise... I'm not getting what the euphoria is about. :embrass:

:) Yup, you are right. Only true visual difference is just who made it, quality of glass and track record.
0.3 F-stops... does make a difference bah, why else Canon 50mm F1.8, F1.4, F1.2 has such a huge difference in pricing.

Of course I'm no better than the regular noob or whatever you call those photographers who "cannot take a decent picture even if their lives depend on it".
Maybe we can have a noob gathering where spidey can guide us to getting a better shot for free hoh. ;p

loneWolff said:
:) Yup, you are right. Only true visual difference is just who made it, quality of glass and track record.
0.3 F-stops... does make a difference bah, why else Canon 50mm F1.8, F1.4, F1.2 has such a huge difference in pricing.

Of course I'm no better than the regular noob or whatever you call those photographers who "cannot take a decent picture even if their lives depend on it".
Maybe we can have a noob gathering where spidey can guide us to getting a better shot for free hoh. ;p

Bro wrong la f-stops not count like that, it's half a stop there. Anyhow I shall refrain on commenting too much on quality and let the photos do the talking ha.

zan82 said:
Bro wrong la f-stops not count like that, it's half a stop there. Anyhow I shall refrain on commenting too much on quality and let the photos do the talking ha.

Hee hee, lazy to correct so I just leave it at 0.3 stop.

The true difference is the bokeh n the "leica" glow when u shoot with a summilux. That is worth more than who made it

According to reviewers, this lens by panny does give the summilux image qualities.

So. Will I swap my 20 for this ? No. I'll save for the upcoming oly 50mm / f1.8.