[ Outing ] : Sep Photowalk and Kopi Session - 25 Sep, 3pm,Little India

hi... is the photowalk full? Can i join in too...

Little india is a nice place to shoot...

Not sure if the rules have changed, but whenever the group is too big, we usually then break into smaller groups to move around and meet back and the destination for kopi.

Spidey/Headfonz, care to comment? Thank you.

sorry,just came back from lunch,hahahaha, nope,no such thing as full with us XD,the more the merrier, as said, if too big, breakdown and then meet up later

as to loaning 50-200,can,if break,buy me the SWD version lo :angel:

Last edited:
sorry,just came back from lunch,hahahaha, nope,no such thing as full with us XD,the more the merrier, as said, if too big, breakdown and then meet up later

as to loaning 50-200,can,if break,buy me the SWD version lo :angel:

Sweet. Glad we don't have to turn people away.

You guys have fun.

Yeah once bitten twice shy. Had the good fortune of going to the inaugural practice session in 2008 and was too foolhardy to bring or buy earplugs. Nearly went deaf after 30 mins of sitting there in the stands. :sweat:

Eh I'm not into race girls leh... But considering ours is the bay grandstand, it'll probably be hard to get to the starting area anyways due to different entry gates. Plus my friend isn't that into photography so not like I can drag her to squeeze with the crowds and push through all the other photographers. (I'm more likely to get dragged to the concert area by her. :bsmilie:)

As to borrowing the 50-200mm... tempting, but I would be too afraid of dropping and breaking it. :sweatsm:

yeah the price of it was like two e-620 lols. I too will be affraid else my bank account will go broke just paying up spidey lols. There's a cheaper tele lens 18-180 and 70-300mm saw the price are cheap but have not seen a very good review nor anyone from the group using them.

yeah the price of it was like two e-620 lols. I too will be affraid else my bank account will go broke just paying up spidey lols. There's a cheaper tele lens 18-180 and 70-300mm saw the price are cheap but have not seen a very good review nor anyone from the group using them.

Actually,I bought my 50-200 at E-club member price :bsmilie: I believe Aryanto used to and may still be using 18-180 and as said by him,its a good light lens,as in good lighting lens, the 70-300 I've used before,Dorts also used before, probably another few members have used it before, its also a good light lens, focusing is slow, can do close up, I do like that lens but no real use for it so I got rid of mine and opted for the heavier and faster 50-200, for F1, its difficult to use the 18-180 and 70-300,heck, even the 50-200 isn't easy, but with the right techniques, it is possible:cool:

Actually,I bought my 50-200 at E-club member price :bsmilie: I believe Aryanto used to and may still be using 18-180 and as said by him,its a good light lens,as in good lighting lens, the 70-300 I've used before,Dorts also used before, probably another few members have used it before, its also a good light lens, focusing is slow, can do close up, I do like that lens but no real use for it so I got rid of mine and opted for the heavier and faster 50-200, for F1, its difficult to use the 18-180 and 70-300,heck, even the 50-200 isn't easy, but with the right techniques, it is possible:cool:

so for those budget concious CSer will you recommend these two lens as a replacement for a more expenssive 50-200 or even 35-100mm? hehehe

18-180 seems nice travel companion sadly it's not optimized for CDAF :( i think the 70-300 is optimized for CDAF?

so for those budget concious CSer will you recommend these two lens as a replacement for a more expenssive 50-200 or even 35-100mm? hehehe

18-180 seems nice travel companion sadly it's not optimized for CDAF :( i think the 70-300 is optimized for CDAF?

I don't remember is the 70-300 is, but can be checked,if I were to recommend,I'd recommend the 40-150, its good enough for most cases, when I started off in digital, I only the had 14-45 and 40-150, got me good shots most of the time, then I changed to main lenses being 14-54 and 50-200, more or less the same, I hardly zoom to max 200 unless I go zoo or I don't want to block people's way, 70-300 range is not useful in most cases (from what I see,differs for others since I'm speaking from my own experience). In fact,ever since Microcosm let me play with his 7-14, the 7-14 and 14-54 has become my 2 favorite lens;)

I got the 40-150 as part of my kit, and hardly feel the need to upgrade. The only time I felt I really needed it was for the F1 last year. So I rented one, it was :cool:

I got the 40-150 as part of my kit, and hardly feel the need to upgrade. The only time I felt I really needed it was for the F1 last year. So I rented one, it was :cool:

yeah same for me I even hardly use my 40-150 hehehe only time I wish i have a longer reaching lens during my daugther guitar play i was seating a bit far from the stage even with my 40-150 the best I can shoot was 4 kids whole body shots... I want someting a bit longer so can isolate her... so what i did put on my 14-54 and crawl like commando towards the front seats lols

No cap to group size, but do note that we can't wait for latecomers if the group is big or we'll never set off. So do be on time.

No promises, but I'm trying arrange for a special appearance for this session. ;)

People who not on 4/3 can come or not? :D

for you sure can :) just don't mind all the 4/3s related discussions

Anyway, our photowalks and kopi sessions are open to all using 4/3s or interested to find out about the system.

No cap to group size, but do note that we can't wait for latecomers if the group is big or we'll never set off. So do be on time.

No promises, but I'm trying arrange for a special appearance for this session. ;)

Model ah? Please don't be model, I'm sick of seeing girls at the moment :sticktong

Little India Photowalk
25 Sep, 3pm (dinner and kopi session from 7pm, place TBC)
Meeting point: Farrer Park MRT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) headfonz
2) elgkh
3) Spidey89
4) emowei
5) Francis Chia
6) Imxian
7) Spidey89 friend (1)
8) nokkieg
9) tenelia?
10)ttloong
11)flourence76 (Tan Seng Piang)(M)

I'm just another Oly newbie here. Wanted to try out my first Little India shots.

Little India Photowalk
25 Sep, 3pm (dinner and kopi session from 7pm, place TBC)
Meeting point: Farrer Park MRT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) headfonz
2) elgkh
3) Spidey89
4) emowei
5) Francis Chia
6) Imxian
7) Spidey89 friend (1)
8) nokkieg
9) tenelia?
10)ttloong
11)flourence76 (Tan Seng Piang)(M)
12) David Sim

I'm just another Oly newbie here. Wanted to try out my first Little India shots.