Our Exploration Trip of Seletar Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great to meet you guys yesterday. Seletar Camp was a real eye opener for me. Will definitely pay a visit there again. Thanks to Johnston for organising this and for the pratas and milo dinasours. ;p

Loved the pictures from our bros above.

Here are my contributions for that day. I did some pping on my pictures for the first time.

PICT0002b.jpg

i. The stairs we came up from.

PICT0003a.jpg

ii.Tell tales of age.

PICT0004a.jpg

iii. Old and broken.

PICT0016a.jpg

iv. The view from behind the fenced window.

PICT0027.jpg

v. Nearly forgotten.

PICT0031.jpg

vi. Voices from the past.

Note:- No PP done on v and vi. Circ polariser used for last three photos.

Now, the macro part.
After our breakfast, the 3 of us (Danie, Marvin & myself) heads off to some bush area off Jalan Kayu to do some macro. Below are some macro shots. Bro Danie & Marvin, please add yours as well. ;)

PICT6519.jpg

PICT6525.jpg

PICT6540.jpg

PICT6544.jpg

Nice series Benny, Marvin, and Asri....

Johnston, have to learn macro from u... excellent.. :thumbsup:

My newbie macro attemp:

Fly-DSC00381-web.jpg

Spyder-DSC00342-web.jpg

Walang-DSC00336-web.jpg

All taken with 100mm f2 + extension tube

Beautiful macros! I have nothing to show for the Macro leg...not one sharp at all. :embrass:
But I'll post my non-Macro shots when i get the chance to...

One question for Johnston and D4nie... did you guys crop your shots? When I tried to get this close, the DOF was really shallow....

I thought it was reported in news that the buildings at Old Birdcage are undergoing renovation?

Fortunately for us, we did not hear this report. :bsmilie:

The building adjacent to the one we were in seemed to be under renovation. The rest became our photographic subjects.

Excellent macros! Nice! I love it. :thumbsup:

My photos are cropped, but not much; cropped for composition only.
DOF is very thin at close distance, that's why usually have to shot at f8 or smaller.

One question for Johnston and D4nie... did you guys crop your shots? When I tried to get this close, the DOF was really shallow....

My last macro of that day.
:bsmilie: DOF not thin at all. :bsmilie:
"Danie doing his macro"

PICT6570-1.jpg

:think: Wonder what he was shooting :think:​

Interesting compositions on those deserted houses and beautiful macros bros! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I would have wanted to go but I went on "vacation" here in Singapore with my family. :cry:
Hope to catch up in other outings.
Cheers!

Ah, thats where you disappear to. Hope you have a good holiday with your family.

Yup I had a good 'holiday' from work. It would have been nicer if I had time just for photoshoots.

I managed to get this shot I had when I was at the zoo though.

Sad Sad Sunbear
DSC02644_copy.jpg

Will definitely catch up in other outings. :sweat:

Ok, finally PP my Macro-leg shots... nothing much but would like to bring my portion of the outing to a closure...

Forbidden grounds
pict5184_std.jpg

Human duo-pod --- great for Macros
pict5188_std.jpg

Falling Star
pict5193_std.jpg

Bug 1
pict5220_std.jpg

Bug 2
pict5226_std.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.