Ouestions about Olympus c5060

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parchiao

Deregistered
Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
Almost 95% sure that I will be a 5060 owner before the week is out. Have not decided to buy a second hand one or a brand new one yet, and what kind of accessories I should buy or where I should get them from in Singapore. So some questions I hope some kind soul will help me out with.

1. Where is the best place to buy one and what price would it be for a standard package. I got a quote for $1150, so is this good?
2. If I were to go for one, maybe in 9.5/10 condition with about half a year of warranty left, what kind of price will be reasonable to part with?
3. What are the must have accessories to buy, where I should get them from and what kind of price am I looking at? I don't mean the lens adapters or the wide/tele lenses, but the memory cards, batteries and flash. Will be shooting mainly in Raw.
4. How do the final images appear on 4R and 8R? Any PS required before final print to make the prints look decent or is it not necessary?

Parchiao said:
Almost 95% sure that I will be a 5060 owner before the week is out. Have not decided to buy a second hand one or a brand new one yet, and what kind of accessories I should buy or where I should get them from in Singapore. So some questions I hope some kind soul will help me out with.

1. Where is the best place to buy one and what price would it be for a standard package. I got a quote for $1150, so is this good?
2. If I were to go for one, maybe in 9.5/10 condition with about half a year of warranty left, what kind of price will be reasonable to part with?
3. What are the must have accessories to buy, where I should get them from and what kind of price am I looking at? I don't mean the lens adapters or the wide/tele lenses, but the memory cards, batteries and flash. Will be shooting mainly in Raw.
4. How do the final images appear on 4R and 8R? Any PS required before final print to make the prints look decent or is it not necessary?

$1150, inclusive of GST, is a good price to pay for a standard package. I got mine for $1180. As for a second hand one in a 9.5 condition with half a year of warranty left, I don't know what is the market price for it. You don't need a high speed card for this cam as it can't exploit the full potential of a high speed card even if u use one. So just go for a normal card. The original battery is quite costly, so go for an OEM type. Buy one from Eastgear (#02-02 Peninsula Plaza) for only $29.95 and it's as good as the original. As for the flash, the Olympus only have the FL20 and FL50. They discontinued the FL40 model. The FL20 is a small flash unit without the tilt and zoom function while the FL50 has all these but is rather costly (about $600 plus). Go for the Metz 44 MZ2. If u use this flash, u need to buy an adaptor (SCA 3020 for Olympus). The good thing about Metz flashes is that if you change cameras, your Metz flash can remain. Just buy another adaptor for whichever camera u are using. Price-wise, it's much cheaper than the Olympus flash. U can't go wrong with Metz flashes which are widely used by professional photographes worldwide. The last time I asked about this flash the shop (John *something* at Funan Centre) quoted me $410 inclusive of the adaptor. As for question 4, am unable to answer it as I have never done a single print from this cam let.

A: Not a bad price. Can consider buying it.

A: I bought my 3 days old at $1030. Owner paid $1200 but decided it's not for him so sold to me.

A: Think you had a good answer with the flash and batts. As for CF cards, can forget getting those fast one. No point. Limited by the cam itself. I got my brand new 1Gb ScanDisk CF card at $280. Market price now should be around $300++. Don't ask me to get this price for you as I gotten this price as a faver from a friend

A: Not much PS required if you think your shoots are good enough. Up to 4R print can be done with SHQ. If 8R then might consider TIFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.