Opinion on Photofast Strap.

I think your failsafe fails to be safe. How does that extra carribina helps in fail safe? I thought it is more likely the screw might come out or the metal hinge breaking?

Because, the usual breaking point is the swivel area. The little metal bit tends to break, by connecting a carabiner to the strap, it acts as a failsafe.

Hi Spree86. Thanks for the explanation. I think I got what you mean. But I guess is not fool proof. =/ Any user here that has his/her camera dropped because of blackrapid tripod screw mount?

Hi Spree86. Thanks for the explanation. I think I got what you mean. But I guess is not fool proof. =/ Any user here that has his/her camera dropped because of blackrapid tripod screw mount?

Yup, think there's a complain some time ago. The person was walking through a crowd and the bumping cause the screw to loosen and his whole setup crashed to the floor.

Yup, think there's a complain some time ago. The person was walking through a crowd and the bumping cause the screw to loosen and his whole setup crashed to the floor.

This could be the case of not tightening the screw which is connected to the tripod mount hence easily loose. So it might not be the product fault, although i'm not saying it's the user fault.
There is always that possibility. :)

This is the failsafe I have been using for the past couple of years.

4391455857_60ba699e4b.jpg

Got the R7 with new mounting screw. Look and feel solid. So far so good. Used with my Olympus E30/battery holder with 50-200mm lens.

Because, the usual breaking point is the swivel area. The little metal bit tends to break, by connecting a carabiner to the strap, it acts as a failsafe.

There is also a very huge possibility of the fasterner coming loose on its own. You need to consider that. Tying a cord on the carabinder to the camera will mitigate that risk.