Olympus E-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am VERY interested in the "Supersonic Wave Filter" that cleans the CCD automatically at each power up.

Now that could be a dust solution eventaully!

Originally posted by kahheng
Careful: Those are just the prelim MSRPs. Take them with a pinch of salt.
i agree with kahheng. actually i was discussing this with a Oly-using fren of mine... the price isn't that bad. taking it as US$2199, i estimate street price would be about, say $2k flat (conservative estimate). converting to SG$ (1:1.8?), that would place it in the $3.6k region, which is comparable to the D100/S2 Pro/D60 range when they first launched...

very interesting, was out with mysteriousjimmy today and he brought this cam up in our conversations, which was news to me.

let's see wat unfolds. ;)

I thought with a smaller ccd large apertures are a given?
so why shd f/2.8 be any more expensive than a digicam's "leicar" f/2.0 that does 420mm?

Originally posted by maddog
can't wait for the sample images.

from reading all the info on it at DPReview so far looks like we have to wait till August for a full review and pics .

So come on August ...

Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy
from reading all the info on it at DPReview so far looks like we have to wait till August for a full review and pics .

So come on August ...

A thread in Dpreview has been trying to "analyse and guess" the image quality; from Phil Askey's review. Apparently very positive by the positive tone of Phil's review and threads.

Poor Phil. Imagine how it feels to know something so exciting, and yet can't share with the world... :p

From Imaging Resource website..
What does it meansby this

"Focus Ring: Specifies the direction for turning the focus ring on the lens. (Set one way, the E1 will match the focus behavior of Canon lenses, the other way, it will match that of Nikon optics.) "

I'm not quite understand :embrass: :cool:

Other Functions form Preview

E-1-Imaging Resource

Originally posted by Kaijiew
From Imaging Resource website..
What does it meansby this

"Focus Ring: Specifies the direction for turning the focus ring on the lens. (Set one way, the E1 will match the focus behavior of Canon lenses, the other way, it will match that of Nikon optics.) "

I'm not quite understand :embrass: :cool:

Other Functions form Preview

E-1-Imaging Resource

I think to explain it simply: Canon lens focuses from minimum dist to infinity by turning the focus wheel on the lens in a clockwise direction. For Nikon lens, its the other way around. This feature on the E-1 will allow you to specify the direction you would like to adopt to do the same; to configure the lens to what you're comfortable with.

Hope i'm right in that... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.