Olympus aims for 2nd place....

Status
Not open for further replies.
right now, all it takes is sony coming with a 7D replacment, plus a price as competitive as alpha100, *poof*. can imagine many canon and nikon pp running to buy sony. if oly also place an IS in their E1 replacement, dun see any particular advantage of choosing C,N rather than S,O. who knows, 10 years down to road, SOny and Oly might be the top 2 companies.:bsmilie:

satay16 said:
right now, all it takes is sony coming with a 7D replacment, plus a price as competitive as alpha100, *poof*. can imagine many canon and nikon pp running to buy sony. if oly also place an IS in their E1 replacement, dun see any particular advantage of choosing C,N rather than S,O. who knows, 10 years down to road, SOny and Oly might be the top 2 companies.:bsmilie:

Even by the time all the 'Small 3', aka Sony, Olympus (only one without it in products but rumoured to be coming out in E-1 replacement) and Pentax have I.S. in their bodies, I don't see Canon and Nikon losing much market share. For starters, we didn't see KM eating away much market share in big markets such as U.S. and Europe when they introduced their 7D and 5D.

However, it is also unlikely that Canon and Nikon will introduce in body I.S. since they already have a big collection of I.S. lenses. Doing that will only 'offend' their 'pro' users.

But in the technological world, things are hard to say and Sony is certainly looking aggressive... we shall see.

Between Sony and Olympus, I sincerely wish Olympus will come out on top.. Its hard to say whether Oly will overtake Nikon and be 2nd but at least I believe it can overtake SKM. Like all people know, Oly optics is good.. I believe with good marketing and more R&D to their products, they can excel, juz need abit more time.. I used Oly PnS in the past and find them good too..

Status
Not open for further replies.