Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

dxerde.jpg
[/QUOTE]

May i know how you get the old film effect on your last pic?

i like this effect... above pic. worn out...

May i know how you get the old film effect on your last pic?[/QUOTE]

I kinda cheated and got that from photoscape instead of doing it by layers in photoshop....

i like this effect... above pic. worn out...
Thanks!

Btw, just wanna share with you guys a couple of other shots I took.....Inputs are greatly welcomed....Still learning....
13yntci.jpg

2w5nlz7.jpg

ooo...
learnt something new today!

didnt know that photoscape has got such great filters!!

thanks man!

ooo...
learnt something new today!

didnt know that photoscape has got such great filters!!

thanks man!

No problem! Photoscape is pretty awesome in fact...Just whack on the filters and you're ready to go! Can do multiple layers and then move over to photoshop to fine tune the colours and add monochromatic noise.

the train station one is pretty much as filmy as you get with digital haha

if you wanted to go the extra mile add some noise and scratches and stuff on photoshop..

the train station one is pretty much as filmy as you get with digital haha

if you wanted to go the extra mile add some noise and scratches and stuff on photoshop..

Thanks! In fact, I did add some noise but it probably wasn't enough...

Its an uninspiring shot, I know...But tried out something a little different and added chromatic abberations into the photograph to give the photo a toy camera look....

im3yp4.jpg

Its an uninspiring shot, I know...But tried out something a little different and added chromatic abberations into the photograph to give the photo a toy camera look....

im3yp4.jpg

this pic can be improved.

its oof unless you intended to and straighten the horizon ;)

I like the lomo effects but unlike TS, I'm too lazy to do any PP.

Would using a lensbaby achieve the same effects? I was looking at the lensbaby website and they look lomo-ish to me: http://www.lensbaby.com/gallery-photo.php

Sure! I'll try it again! Thanks for the inputs

you are welcome.. everyone is learning here just that need to find a better way and i find that GB works quite well for the effects you wanted rather than the current one =)

Btw, just bought a film camera yesteday night and took a shot of it. Its not a great photo but I tried a slightly different post processing technique to achieve a film effect...Here's the shot btw:

27y6491.jpg

Do you think its film like? I added a little bit of grain and darkened the blacks and adjusted tone curves....etc...

I like that. Very nice! Can share how you did it?

I like that. Very nice! Can share how you did it?

Tweaked the contrast and curves in a little in lightroom. For the reds, I pushed it up a little so you can see the red blur of the camera strap. After that, I did a little bit of sharpening as well as darkening to bring out the "NIKON" words on the pentaprism area and also to give it a "lifting" effect since the rest of the photo is a little blurred.

I shot wide open so there was a very thin line between the focused and unfocused area thus sharpening would help a little. Then added the filter called cinema effect in photoscape to further push up the contrast of the photo and to darken the blacks and dissolve away the details of the fake cracked leather hand grip. After which, I added a little bit of gaussain blur (just a little teeny weeny bit) and monochromatic noise.

The border was done in photoscape....Anyway, this is just a random shot so paiseh if the subject's kinda boring and uninspiring...Was practicing on PP....

Here's the same shot done differently....Tried out the Black and White effect this time....Done with purely with irfan view and photoscape....

e7jjna.jpg