Old/alternate lenses, adapters, and lens mount conversions.

Some test shots with Porst Color Reflex MCM 55mm f1.7 "Switar", probably the fastest macro lens, it can go to 1:2 without adapter.

11821297656_8ef4a274cd_c.jpg
11821297676_c7e727df75_c.jpg

left: stopped down to f2.8, with built-in flash;
right: wide open, available light

more samples and history from internet:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49576306@N08/sets/72157628682443963/

Last edited:
Anyone has contact for someone whom can service fungus infected leica lens?
Tx in advance

Bk in action...

MC Rokkor 58/1.2 @ f/1.2

MC Rokkor 58/1.2 @ f/2

Vivitar f3.8 19mm wide angle on 5DMKIII. A C/Y mount thru EOS adapter.

Last edited:
Creditable pic by Vivitar 19mm. Why pay a bomb for exotic brands/models of WA lenses.

With the higher resolution of sensors, I am beginning to worry we may not be able to use these legacy lenses on future bodies. I do hope that sensor manufacturers do focus on the IQ instead of increasing megapixels. Keep the megapixels war for the medium formats.

With the higher resolution of sensors, I am beginning to worry we may not be able to use these legacy lenses on future bodies. I do hope that sensor manufacturers do focus on the IQ instead of increasing megapixels. Keep the megapixels war for the medium formats.

IMO, there is nothing we can do, except vote with our money.
Like get A7 instead of a A7r or a D610 over a D800.

To me, the 35mp cameras are too much trouble as a general camera for my needs, even printing up to A3+.

Perhaps Canon understands that 20-24mp is as much as its reasonable and less taxing on some of its lenses.

Higher resolution is just going to make lenses more expensive and big due to the tighter tolerances and catering of edge performance.
Maybe we will see a consumer backlash?
We start to see Canikon FF folks get tired of hauling their stuff around and opting to go mirrorless (m4/3, X-series or Sony NEX, A7)
The new 'no compromise' fast lenses are too big imo for practical travel photography.
Good for a few hours on Orchard Rd, but wears down the user real fast if its a photo trip overseas, all gears carried around for days.
That was the 'norm' a few years ago, but now, the user has a list of other options.
My few cents.

Last edited:
IMO, there is nothing we can do, except vote with our money. Like get A7 instead of a A7r or a D610 over a D800. To me, the 35mp cameras are too much trouble as a general camera for my needs, even printing up to A3+. Perhaps Canon understands that 20-24mp is as much as its reasonable and less taxing on some of its lenses. Higher resolution is just going to make lenses more expensive and big due to the tighter tolerances and catering of edge performance. Maybe we will see a consumer backlash? We start to see Canikon FF folks get tired of hauling their stuff around and opting to go mirrorless (m4/3, X-series or Sony NEX, A7) The new 'no compromise' fast lenses are too big imo for practical travel photography. Good for a few hours on Orchard Rd, but wears down the user real fast if its a photo trip overseas, all gears carried around for days. My few cents.

I kinda agree wif u. Tatz y rather sticking onto d A7. Btw, yours is not a few cents worth bro. At least 10 cents.

Image S1: Mir-1 37/2.8 Grand Prix M42
1743505_10202817741432037_1542683667_n.jpg

very confusing lens to use because aperture ring turns the wrong way, focus ring aft of aperture ring (closer to body), I keep turning the aperture ring by mistake.

Mir 1 - 37/2.8 Flektogon Clone Grand Prix 1958
1391723_10202851364752599_263928317_n.jpg