Official Sony A7 or A7r discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie: so have u check out full size of those sample? how? like it? :bsmilie:

the 55mm looks good

I am not into the lens now more interested how the A7 and A7r performs using legacy lenses.... I have a couple old lenses that I am excited to test on A7 and A7r....

looking at this photo I don't know I feel giddy specially when looking at un-calibrated LED monitor :S
You got a LED monitor? No idea what that is but it sounds cool! ;) Anyway, calibrating it won't make the photo sharper.

You got a LED monitor? No idea what that is but it sounds cool! ;) Anyway, calibrating it won't make the photo sharper.

not about sharpness bro its the photo texture I guess make me giddy/dizzy hehehe

The kit lens, 28-70 f3.5-5.6 looks good on the A7, just like my trustworthy 18-55 on my 5N. For normal usage, this will be sufficient. And since my legacy lenses are all retrofocus SLR type, A7 with kit lens may be enough.

I wouldn't feel right to have a $500 lens on a $2k+ body :( I remember most experts (including camera shops) advising that it's more important to spend on lens than bodies.

I wouldn't feel right to have a $500 lens on a $2k+ body :( I remember most experts (including camera shops) advising that it's more important to spend on lens than bodies.

The 24-70f4 will definitely be better. If I go strictly with native lenses (provided I can afford) I will have all the Zeiss lenses. The key to deciding lenses on any body will be the resultant images, and not whether the lenses are expensive or not. I have used my set of legacy lenses for a long time on both Canon & Nikon DSLRs and I am definitely sure, with the better manual focusing abilities of the A7/7r, and the newer generation of FF sensors, these lenses will do very well on them. I don't care how they will look on the camera, but I am sure they will look pretty good.

okay some query..... I am really not into Sony mount...... can we use the lens use for NEX series... NEX 6, NEX 7, NEX whatever for the A7/A7R?? Or they have their own simi FE mount?? Using adaptor for Nikon/Canon/Pentax lenses only manual focus right??

Reason is.... looking at the price.... might not want to jump into the system..... but build up on the lenses first...... later on then get the body... make sense??

The 24-70f4 will definitely be better. If I go strictly with native lenses (provided I can afford) I will have all the Zeiss lenses. The key to deciding lenses on any body will be the resultant images, and not whether the lenses are expensive or not. I have used my set of legacy lenses for a long time on both Canon & Nikon DSLRs and I am definitely sure, with the better manual focusing abilities of the A7/7r, and the newer generation of FF sensors, these lenses will do very well on them. I don't care how they will look on the camera, but I am sure they will look pretty good.

Does the kit lens seems to be a good interim lens until the 24-70?

If not will just get the body and wait for the zoom next year

u can use any of the current E mount lens on A7/R but it will be in crop mode. To fully utilize the Full Frame, u will need to get FE Mount lens.

28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS is the basic 'kit' zoom for the A7, and won't be sold separately.
35mm F2.8 available in December 2013
55mm F1.8 available in January 2014.
24-70mm F4 OSS Carl Zeiss available in February 2014
70-200mm F4 OSS telezoom TBC

okay some query..... I am really not into Sony mount...... can we use the lens use for NEX series... NEX 6, NEX 7, NEX whatever for the A7/A7R?? Or they have their own simi FE mount?? Using adaptor for Nikon/Canon/Pentax lenses only manual focus right??

Reason is.... looking at the price.... might not want to jump into the system..... but build up on the lenses first...... later on then get the body... make sense??

Last edited:
u can use any of the current E mount lens on A7/R but it will be in crop mode. To fully utilize the Full Frame, u will need to get FE Mount lens.

Thanks bro noted.... hmmm looks like got to save up if wanna get this A7 baby.... frankly the body price is okay.... but the lens.... errrr.... :rolleyes::sweat:

Thanks bro noted.... hmmm looks like got to save up if wanna get this A7 baby.... frankly the body price is okay.... but the lens.... errrr.... :rolleyes::sweat:

Actually the lens prices are not so different from other ff lens. For eg the nikon 24-120/4 is also well into $1,000+++ range as is the canon 24-105/4. Many (not all) of Canon and Nikon ff primes are also well into 4 figure territory.

Maybe the only thing is being so new, all early adopters will have to buy everything new. It would be sometime before u will find cheap bns items. But that also means u will have high resale value at least for the first 6 to 12 months. I remember I bought the nex 7 just after launch and sold it a month later with less than $100 loss.

Last edited:
Does the kit lens seems to be a good interim lens until the 24-70?

If not will just get the body and wait for the zoom next year

Native lens is secondary to me. My main purpose is use my legacy lenses on this new cam. If the kit's cheap and good, why not. And, don't forget, price and quality is always relative, depending on who you are. I am old and poor, so normally I do with what I have, except that the bloody A7/7r is unique and I must have it before I go.

Native lens is secondary to me. My main purpose is use my legacy lenses on this new cam. If the kit's cheap and good, why not. And, don't forget, price and quality is always relative, depending on who you are. I am old and poor, so normally I do with what I have, except that the bloody A7/7r is unique and I must have it before I go.

same here I have legacy lenses that I want to really try out on A7 or A7r... might get the kit lens when time I feel lazy to MF lolz

A7+Voigtlander 12mm would be awesome on this, not sure about the purple fringing though. shall wait for reviews.

A7+Voigtlander 12mm would be awesome on this, not sure about the purple fringing though. shall wait for reviews.

yeah that would be a great combo hope the magenta cast has been resolved :)

So now the question is, When will it be available locally and how much will it be ?
A7r for $2999 ?
A7 with kit for $2499 ?

anyone interested ? :bsmilie:

Hasselblad-Solar-camera_zpsc994b282.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.