Official Sony A7 or A7r discussion thread (Season II)

I guess it would make more sense to rent the 70-400 then...

I don't want to buy the 70-200 then realise can't capture anything... lol... and I don't think they will let me off the rover..

for safari trips longer the better... I think similar thing for birding :> 200mm I think is just too short you end up cropping your pix a lot. Best way to gauge is the Zoo like the white tiger area maybe you're lucky if you can get that close to them in the wild.

Changi Airport Price

2qa3acg.jpg

I think now street price is better than Changi one...

for safari trips longer the better... I think similar thing for birding :> 200mm I think is just too short you end up cropping your pix a lot. Best way to gauge is the Zoo like the white tiger area maybe you're lucky if you can get that close to them in the wild.

No zoo here leh...

Anyway, is there anywhere good in Singapore that rents out A lenses like the SAL70400? Wanna compare here cheaper or back in Singapore cheaper...

No zoo here leh...

Anyway, is there anywhere good in Singapore that rents out A lenses like the SAL70400? Wanna compare here cheaper or back in Singapore cheaper...

there's some camera rental shops here but not tried them before I know Sony I think they started some lens rental?? not sure about it though maybe other bros here could shed some lights

I only know this one shop when my bro rented another body (Nikon gears here) when we did a wedding shoot http://sg.camerarental.biz/PriceList/PriceList.aspx price seems ok

looks like the 70-200 f4 will be available in April, anyone thinking of picking that up?

I will be heading to Serengeti for a safari trip in May, not sure if 200mm is sufficient. I guess I will be in the land rover most of the time, so hopefully it's ok otherwise I might have to rent a SAL70400 G2 for a thousand HKD a week.

I've only been to Kruger National Park (I suspect its more tightly regulated since its in SA, so only can stick to the roads )

Based on my experience in Kruger, the animal encounters are mostly 5-20m.
Good gauge of the furthest distance is yeah.. .like the white tiger distance in the SGP zoo.
Any further and its usually obstructed by undergrowth or bushes.

Many encounters can be lucky and occur within 15m.
I had a pack of lions wait beside the road and right next to the car.

Basically, just Zoo enclosure distance like the tiger, lion, rhino and other African animals enclosure in the zoo.
So all the focal lengths needed from nearest to furthest can be gauge from there.
I'd suggest at least 300mm and preferable a zoom.
If you want animal portraits, you might even want to consider a 'super crop' camera as 'backup' or a longer FL lens.

Serengeti might be different.

LA-EA4 only have 15 focus points though. The 70-400 is probably better go with A99 so you have more flexible focus points.
Also consider Sigma 150-500 or Tamron 150-600, the A-mount version should work with LA-EA4 too.

I guess it would make more sense to rent the 70-400 then...

I don't want to buy the 70-200 then realise can't capture anything... lol... and I don't think they will let me off the rover..

this is the deal that is more worth it if can get the discount from street prices in shops

Package Deal:
+ Purchase with Camera Lens SEL35F28Z $1,069 or Camera Lens SEL55F18Z $1,349 and receive $100 cash discount/rebate (incl. GST)

Sony Promo...... offering SEL50F18 as PWP option for A7/r ? :dunno:

a99 back to $2999.. the PWP lenses are awesome too.

http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/promotions/nex/index.html

Last edited:
Package Deal:
+ Purchase with Camera Lens SEL35F28Z $1,069 or Camera Lens SEL55F18Z $1,349 and receive $100 cash discount/rebate (incl. GST)

stackable with street price discount ?

this is the deal that is more worth it if can get the discount from street prices in shops

Package Deal:

This is directly from Sony Store too?

Hmm... Didn't find it from their website. Not sure if it applies to Changi Airport too.

I will check it when I am back. Is the deal consider good? The price seems cheaper than what I could get from SLRR.

A7R.

I will check it when I am back. Is the deal consider good? The price seems cheaper than what I could get from SLRR.

A7R.

With combo you only get $100 rebate from rrp
I think you can get cheaper at funan shops

Anybody has bought samyang 14mm for their a7/r? How is it? Any feedback?

Anybody has bought samyang 14mm for their a7/r? How is it? Any feedback?

Ryan. U wanna try? Let's meet up wif bro ricleo.