OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 7D Mark II - User Thread

Yea..but I was hoping they lent me another 7dmk2 while they did tests on mine n burn my shutter count...Lol

You might want to ask Canon to replace your 7Dmk2 with a new one.

Anyway, hopefully there's a solution for your problem :)

I sold off my 6D and got the Nikon 750D. Having moved from Canon I still have my 24-70 II and 50mm 1.4 which I just love.

Am thinking of getting a 7D Mark II. But scared of the crop sensor. Last crop sensor I used was on my 600D was probably about 4 years back. Any feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reports about 7Dmk2 mentioned sensor improvement compared to the previous generation. May I know why are you scared of the Canon's crop sensor?

Actually it's the fps and the crazy AF system dats the selling point, anyway u still have ur D750 as a main right?
Anyway being crop isn't a bad thing too, more reach is oso a key point for a sports camera like this

Most reports about 7Dmk2 mentioned sensor improvement compared to the previous generation. May I know why are you scared of the Canon's crop sensor?

Mainly cos of low light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update in melbourne..:145 shots..8% batt left..restricting myself from taking so many shots...sigh..horrible..

Quick update in melbourne..:145 shots..8% batt left..restricting myself from taking so many shots...sigh..horrible..

Wth!!! Lens used bro?

Hmm so meaning is the 18-35 a lemon? Cos actually my main is a 18-35 which is my most used lens n usually mounted on my 7D ll even before storing back to dry cabin even for a month without the batt falling much, was thinking could it be the batt not able to hold long?
Sub 200 shots is really too low

I still have a feeling that it's the Body or the battery itself....

Not sure if this thread in dpreview helped to solve the problem http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3756783

If I recall correctly, it is true that Li-ion batteries don't need conditioning. But yeah, as long as it can solve the problem..

Try to do some discharge & full recharge cycle -but don't discharge to flat 0%- 10% or 20% is OK to start recharging. Li-ion batteries don't like complete discharge :)

Update..2nd day in melbourne..used up 17% of another battery to take 25 shots.....Canon said the body..even with or without the lens is drawing stable power...even same as another Canon lens attached...the guy tested n said he managed to get 400+ shots n it burned only 1 bar...i hope he didn't just put to 10fps n fired away to test it.....anyway I have been taking screenshots of the battery n time together with the number of shots as Canon asked me to....the next time round ill ask them if I can get another body..since they wasted 2 weeks of my time n shutter count to test the camera..they can use my cam to do some real world testing themselves without wasting my time...I'll try discharging to about 20-30% to see if it works...gotta report back to Canon so they can get things right again..

Last edited:
Hmm so meaning is the 18-35 a lemon? Cos actually my main is a 18-35 which is my most used lens n usually mounted on my 7D ll even before storing back to dry cabin even for a month without the batt falling much, was thinking could it be the batt not able to hold long?
Sub 200 shots is really too low

The lens is almighty fine..they tested the current.it's the same as Canon....luckily I brought spare batts which fair no better even with increased cap?

The lens is almighty fine..they tested the current.it's the same as Canon....luckily I brought spare batts which fair no better even with increased cap?

I wonder if it's the memory card? Just grasping at straws here.

Wa bro, ur 2nd day, 25 shots killed 17% of batt?
Hmm bro I'm usually free during weekday office hr, curious bout ur settings,
Do let me noe if u need to try out mine, can bring my body+18-35,can at least clear up somethings bout the setting, I'll b free after CNY, pm me to discuss, happy CNY

Wa bro, ur 2nd day, 25 shots killed 17% of batt?
Hmm bro I'm usually free during weekday office hr, curious bout ur settings,
Do let me noe if u need to try out mine, can bring my body+18-35,can at least clear up somethings bout the setting, I'll b free after CNY, pm me to discuss, happy CNY

Yea..2nd day was crap too ...now 3rd day..continuing same batt..66 shots at 41%....1 thing I hate is that the battery grip draws power even if it's on and the camera is off......Well I don't think my settings would differ much from urs...ill pm u when I'm back from melb..cheers...Happy cny

Last edited:
Yea..2nd day was crap too ...now 3rd day..continuing same batt..66 shots at 41%....1 thing I hate is that the battery grip draws power even if it's on and the camera is off......Well I don't think my settings would differ much from urs...ill pm u when I'm back from melb..cheers...Happy cny
I remember a friend using an original 5D Mark III battery grip that also drained his battery flat. How about trying without the grip and see how it goes? My friend mentioned that the grip was drawing power even when the camera was off and in the dry cabinet.

Last edited:
Yea bro, m thinking dat it's the grip too, btw if u're only writing 1 card, dat means it's actually worse, cos I'm writing on both cards achieving at least 500shots through 2-3weeks w/o grip, still far from 7D Classic though

I remember a friend using an original 5D Mark III battery grip that also drained his battery flat. How about trying without the grip and see how it goes? My friend mentioned that the grip was drawing power even when the camera was off and in the dry cabinet.

Well I know it draws power..but in the first place before I got my grip n sent my camera for servicing the first time the battery life wasn't good

$ForumRunner_20150219_234619.jpg

$ForumRunner_20150219_234626.jpg

at all....just plonked in a new battery just now at about 8+pm..now it's 11'42pm..took 42 shots...only left 65%..used some of my battery grip to shoot..still...it's way way way under what it's suppose to be able to shoot...lol..