Official Canon EOS 60D User Thread Part II

anyone using samyang 8mm fe?
super poisoned to buy right now..

I don't want to poison you further but...

the price of the Samyang is very attractive. I've read nothing but stellar reviews on this lens.

It appears to be a winner! :thumbsup:

Hi all! I'm looking for a wide angle lens for traveling purposes(scenery) for the 60D. I am thinking of the 10-22 by Canon. Is this good enough? Any others to recommend?

Many thanks!

The 10-22 is an excellent UWA for crop cameras. The only drawback is its price.

Personally, if I were to buy a UWA, I'd seriously consider the new Sigma 8-16. PhotoZone now places this as the UWA to beat. The only drawback is that filters cannot be placed on the front element due to a bulging lens. If you are a serious landscaper then this lens may not be for you. However, if you intend to take architectural or interior shots, then this lens is great.

Silent n nedy,
I use the 150-500 for birding n thinking of getting a prime for closeups..like butterfly.But i doubt 85mm is enough unless i setup a tripod and wait with a remote.probably 135 is just about good.

raydio said:
I don't want to poison you further but...

the price of the Samyang is very attractive. I've read nothing but stellar reviews on this lens.

It appears to be a winner! :thumbsup:

Haha yep! Super poisonous... Gonna get it next month I think

raydio said:
The 10-22 is an excellent UWA for crop cameras. The only drawback is its price.

Personally, if I were to buy a UWA, I'd seriously consider the new Sigma 8-16. PhotoZone now places this as the UWA to beat. The only drawback is that filters cannot be placed on the front element due to a bulging lens. If you are a serious landscaper then this lens may not be for you. However, if you intend to take architectural or interior shots, then this lens is great.

What about the tokina 11-16?

Btw just curious... How high the ISO u will be willing to get it up in order to get a good shot .. like is there a point where the pic gets too grainy to be used

Btw just curious... How high the ISO u will be willing to get it up in order to get a good shot .. like is there a point where the pic gets too grainy to be used

You can see it here Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera Review

Click on the ISO number you would like to see. Be patient, the page (and the ISO images) takes a while to load.

Cheers.

Zennith said:
Haha yep! Super poisonous... Gonna get it next month I think

Where can i get the samyang lens? Thinking to get one also.

kaixinxuan said:

Artworkfoto is selling this lens at 395sgd. Im also planning in gettng this lens

kaixinxuan said:

Sgcammera store selling at 390

hi peeps, i am looking at getting a preowned 60D. Apart from the usual checks for fungus etc, are there any special areas I should take note of for this model?

I am seeing alot on sale (which is good) but not as much for 7D. Is there a reason why?

hi peeps, i am looking at getting a preowned 60D. Apart from the usual checks for fungus etc, are there any special areas I should take note of for this model?

I am seeing alot on sale (which is good) but not as much for 7D. Is there a reason why?

most prob people from 60d upgrading to 5dm3 or 2s. either that or they are expecting a 7dm2 coming out

Hi all I am a 60D user for the past 8 months. Never regard buying it.

Currently using only 4 lens combination: Canon 10-22 USM | 17-55 IS USM | 70-200 F4L IS USM | Tokina 10-17 FishEye

I love to shoot landscape, portraits and IR and i find the above lens to be very useful.

Last edited:
Hi all I am a 60D user for the past 8 months. Never regard buying it.

Currently using only 4 lens combination: Canon 10-22 USM | 17-55 IS USM | 70-200 F4L IS USM | Tokina 10-17 FishEye

I love to shoot landscape, portraits and IR and i find the above lens to be very useful.

Yes the combination of your lenses looks good:thumbsup:

Yes it seems they didnt update their website. I bought mine to them at 390. Better call them first before going down to buy the lens

If i remember correctly,sgcamera sells at $699 for off shelf and $499 for pre-order..something like that. $399,I believe was a one week offer in May or something.
Better call and check at both shops before heading down.They might have updated prices because i did hear price may go up..but it could just be rumours.

10-22 is a good lens, but at times its like not sharp enough..

If i remember correctly,sgcamera sells at $699 for off shelf and $499 for pre-order..something like that. $399,I believe was a one week offer in May or something.
Better call and check at both shops before heading down.They might have updated prices because i did hear price may go up..but it could just be rumours.

I don't think it will be that high, its a manual focus lens after all.