Official Announcement of Nikon Df

I will choose

Results are only viewable after voting.

I wonder whether there is a difference in color as compared to the D4.

D700 was said to be a mini-D3 but color was a hell of a difference (mainly due to AWB).

At the same time I wonder whether the D600 & Df performs similar in the AF department since they use the same cheap. I can hardly trust D600 AF when it comes to artificial lighting.

Although the Df matrix meter is not as good as the D4 meter, I actually find that users who shoot RAW will benefit from that as D4 & D800 meter tends to over-expose in circumstances that might benefit from highlight protection, unlike the D3, D3S & D700 which would prefer to under-expose as a safety measure in most cases.

Last edited:
One more thing.
In keeping with the retro design, they have reverted to the straight letters in the "Nikon" logo in the front of the pentaprism.
Just like it was in the FM2 and older cameras. Compare this to current models with right slanted letters.
That's one of the design mistakes, I can't believe the used both logos on the same body. Below the LCD screen they printed the new italic logo onto the body. :bigeyes: What a mess...

Last edited:
That's one of the design mistakes, I can't believe the used both logos on the same body. Below the LCD screen they printed the new italic logo onto the body. :bigeyes: What a mess...

:think:

Perhaps it was intentional. The front is a traditional manual film camera era look, so the logo is from that era. Whereas on the rear, the logon on LCD screen is from the newer AF/digital camera look that started with the F601 (I think) :bsmilie:

Or it was a real mistake :bsmilie::bsmilie:

:think:

Perhaps it was intentional. The front is a traditional manual film camera era look, so the logo is from that era. Whereas on the rear, the logon on LCD screen is from the newer AF/digital camera look that started with the F601 (I think) :bsmilie:

Or it was a real mistake :bsmilie::bsmilie:
Sure it was intentional, it's just definitely a bad design. :)

Its the same with the F5 50th anniversary edition. This monster is still going for around $2k on ebay.

[video=youtube_share;5lM0M-l6eu0]http://youtu.be/5lM0M-l6eu0[/video]

The kit should have shipped with a modern AF version of the 45/2.8P, something like a prettier version of the full-frame smc Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS! ;)

[video=youtube_share;LytPPIoQKPU]http://youtu.be/LytPPIoQKPU[/video]

322-7.jpg

Last edited:
only the high iso performance impressed me from switching from my 3 years old d700
of cos if nikon price it reasonable I might get it as spare

not sure how it look if combo 70-200VR2 ? can she handle or not

I like the old logo. It is inset and black paint fills the troughs on a chrome body. For black body, they use white paint.
The old logo has depth and dimension. It is bold.

The new slanted logo is just silk screened/painted onto the plastic of the new bodies. It looks like an apologetic after-thought.

I like the old logo. It is inset and black paint fills the troughs on a chrome body. For black body, they use white paint. The old logo has depth and dimension. It is bold. The new slanted logo is just silk screened/painted onto the plastic of the new bodies. It looks like an apologetic after-thought.

I second that. And the old manual lenses with engraved painted markings. Sui!

Video courtesy to Nikon.
Photographer Lynn Goldsmith talks about Nikon Df.

[video=youtube;t4KXQ66Q7m4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4KXQ66Q7m4[/video]

Video courtesy to Nikon.
Joe McNally talks about Nikon Df.

[video=youtube;L0z62kaxthg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0z62kaxthg[/video]

Video courtesy to Nikon.
Bob Krist talks about Nikon Df.

[video=youtube;q8gO4g6agvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8gO4g6agvo[/video]

Not much talk about the camera. A lot about nostalgia. Like "with the Df I can go back to my Nikkormat way of photography".

Last edited:
Who are the people behind Nikonrumors? They are so funny to make such a conclusion. Other than Nikon Df, I also do not see Sony A7r in the top 20 Amazon list. Why? These products are just announced... so should not conclude like thisway.

1 Man... and he does a great job in feeding us info first..... most other sites always quote / refer to his site afterwards.

Reactions: ageha
Who are the people behind Nikonrumors? They are so funny to make such a conclusion. Other than Nikon Df, I also do not see Sony A7r in the top 20 Amazon list. Why? These products are just announced... so should not conclude like thisway.
The Sony cameras were on spot 1 when they got announced. Things go fast these days, the Sony announcement is already relatively old.

Last edited:
Video courtesy to Nikon.
Photographer Lynn Goldsmith talks about Nikon Df.

Video courtesy to Nikon.
Joe McNally talks about Nikon Df.

Video courtesy to Nikon.
Bob Krist talks about Nikon Df.

thanks for all these Nikon marketing videos! I am so inspired and so in love with the Df now!:lovegrin: I am going to hang my FM2 around my neck and caress it while I go out shooting with my D5100. :dent: