Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
....somewhere near ulu pandan.....

116053729.jpg

Hahaha...interesting...thats explains the title.:bsmilie:

I think there are too much empty space in the middle.
Would it be better if you get down a few floors such that the lamps would appear "nearer" to the flats? And finish it off with a panorama crop?

Cheers :)

zaren, this has a lot of potential, maybe make it o o o instead, the buildings that hold the attention are the ones to the right, the left side ones distract.

maybe a bit more space at the top, and correct all the distortion problems, and this will be very nice, especially if you make it part of a series. ;)

Good eye as usual my friend!

Love the title...:)

O o o o k a y !:thumbsup:

Hahaha...interesting...thats explains the title.:bsmilie:

I think there are too much empty space in the middle.
Would it be better if you get down a few floors such that the lamps would appear "nearer" to the flats? And finish it off with a panorama crop?

Cheers :)

thx for the suggestion! going down a few floors would change the perspective of the flats in the bg though, more will be obscured by the trees. however, this gives some idea how it might look.
116078314.jpg

zaren, this has a lot of potential, maybe make it o o o instead, the buildings that hold the attention are the ones to the right, the left side ones distract.

maybe a bit more space at the top, and correct all the distortion problems, and this will be very nice, especially if you make it part of a series. ;)

thx for the comments NM....yep will definitely try to make it into a series if i can :)
here is how the "o o o" might look....
116078318.jpg

Good eye as usual my friend!

Love the title...:)

thx soulfly....am inspired by you into shooting more b&w singapore scapes.....(not that minimalistic yet though) :)

Interesting title...

thx! i was going to give it some boring title until i noticed the rings.... :bsmilie:

thx for the comments NM....yep will definitely try to make it into a series if i can :)

how come it became "thinner"

because of lens distort correction?

i can go over it with liquify, then you won't have to "lose" the width.. unless this is a separate shot.

how come it became "thinner"

because of lens distort correction?

i can go over it with liquify, then you won't have to "lose" the width.. unless this is a separate shot.

i was using perspective correction in GIMP, so therefore lost some width. i daresay liquify would be a better bet. it's the same shot though, with the sky uncropped.

i was using perspective correction in GIMP, so therefore lost some width. i daresay liquify would be a better bet. it's the same shot though, with the sky uncropped.

here:

3819884207_fc137ab436_o.jpg

if you want, i can do the large size one for you :)

4:3 crop.

here:

3819884207_fc137ab436_o.jpg

if you want, i can do the large size one for you :)

4:3 crop.

nicely done, thx!

i must learn to brush up my digital darkroom skills..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.