North Korea with the Casio Exilim EX100 super compact

Clown

Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
Singapore
Had the opportunity to bring along a Casio Exilim EX100 Super Compact to Clubsnap's North Korea Phototour in June.

It's a pretty neat camera which has some really good features which I used to supplement my main camera.

$CIMG0283-Edit.jpg

$CIMG0388.jpg

$CIMG0456.jpg
These shots were taken from a (super bumpy) moving bus. The rapid fire feature coupled with the internal sensor stabilization makes some decent captures in a situation where other systems will most probably fail

$CIMG0489.jpg
Moving shot

$CIMG0507.jpg
Handheld mega zoom shot from my hotel room window.

$CIMG0511.jpg

$CIMG0526.jpg

$CIMG0533.jpg
This was shot from really far away. Once again, the mega zoom coupled with stabilizer proves very useful.

$CIMG0541.jpg

$IMG_7681.jpg

$IMG_7683.jpg
Another shot from a bumpy moving vehicle.

$IMG_7684.jpg

$IMG_7694.jpg
Decent high ISO performance coupled with constant large aperture and stabilization

Personal thoughts - It's a pretty good and versatile super compact, great to carry along as a backup camera due to its size, and it's easy to use inconspicuously, for times that a DSLR would stress everyone up (like in NK).
Battery life is pretty good, for my type of shooting, which is selective. I don't fire off more than 200 frames from this camera any day (and I've also never seen my battery bar drop).