Noobie question time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanatos

Oct 14, 2008
Singapore
Ok Very noob question here... So don't shoot me! :embrass:

Was walking around Pennisular today and I noticed that there are several shops that sell 2nd hand lenses. One shop in particular seemed to be quite crowded when I looked from the outside.

The shop's name is "The Camera Workshop". Anyone heard of it? Any reputation to be aware off? Are the prices and quality of the 2nd hand lenses worth even considering?

Ok Very noob question here... So don't shoot me! :embrass:

Was walking around Pennisular today and I noticed that there are several shops that sell 2nd hand lenses. One shop in particular seemed to be quite crowded when I looked from the outside.

The shop's name is "The Camera Workshop". Anyone heard of it? Any reputation to be aware off? Are the prices and quality of the 2nd hand lenses worth even considering?

This is one of the older establised camera shops with a very good reputation for services and products. They are not just a shop that deals in second hand stuff but brand new stuff as well.

Where second hand goods are concern, they will do what they can to inspect those item ( even get them serviced) before they buy-over or take as trade in from people. At times some of the items are on consignment basis especially when some folk feel they can get a higher price then what the shop is will to pay to buy over from them. As with any second-hand stuff they do come with a limited warranty period of a week or more. ( ask them )

The better the condition, the most unlikely anything will go wrong with it but of course that means you pay a higher resale price for it. I have for almost 2 decade bought a few second hand lens and cameras from them and I have not had one that died on me due to any negligence on their part.

Apart from that...you can be sure to get some good advise there too like any good friend would in helping you chooce the right gear or parts for you. I like dealing with Daniel all these years...you might want to chat him up or anyone one else you see there lah..they are all very friendly and they do know their stuff......but....when it is less crowded hahahah. Forget about asking too much when they are really busy as alot of kaisu people will be fighting with you for their attention to get pricing, discount, info..etc. from all the sale staff and owners of the shop.

Heh.... thanks! I actually took the plunge today afterwork and went in to inquire about the 55-200mm VR. The price they quote me was quite reasonable and in some cases cheaper so I bought it straight off from them. I actually got to speak to Daniel cause he saw to my purchase. Very friendly guy and very helpful as well!

Heh.... thanks! I actually took the plunge today afterwork and went in to inquire about the 55-200mm VR. The price they quote me was quite reasonable and in some cases cheaper so I bought it straight off from them. I actually got to speak to Daniel cause he saw to my purchase. Very friendly guy and very helpful as well!

told ya! heheh... it is a great shop to buy stuff....That's why I think all these years I have bought most of my stuff from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.