Noob at the Birdpark

thurday87

Sep 11, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all,

First try at bird photography.

Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

5276399941_d52b5e3ff5_z.jpg

5276399737_bce78a0389_z.jpg

5277009758_dbcd2247ab_z.jpg

5277009496_9f481cdc69_z.jpg

Pretty good for first try! I like #4 of the Black Naped Oriole. The others either the lighting is harsh or movement blur. Maybe you can use a tripod in future. For #1 you'll need to exposure compensate at least +2 in these cases with sky as background or spot meter the bird.

Agree with Simon, #4 is the sharpest shot. :thumbsup:
Nice catch on #3. ;)

Pretty good for first try! I like #4 of the Black Naped Oriole. The others either the lighting is harsh or movement blur. Maybe you can use a tripod in future. For #1 you'll need to exposure compensate at least +2 in these cases with sky as background or spot meter the bird.

Agree with Simon, #4 is the sharpest shot. :thumbsup:
Nice catch on #3. ;)

Thanks, will take note of that in the future. #4 was the only one that kept still enough for me to get a sharp picture. Will try again with a faster lens.

I like #4 and #3. Continue shooting. JBP is a good practice ground

Well done for your 1st attempt in capturing these feather friends. Try to avoid messy or distracted backgrounds if possible.
Albert @ THE ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY

Thanks, will take note of that in the future. #4 was the only one that kept still enough for me to get a sharp picture. Will try again with a faster lens.

You don't need a faster lens, just a higher shutter speed(increase your iso) or better support(tripod).

I like #4 and #3. Continue shooting. JBP is a good practice ground

Well done for your 1st attempt in capturing these feather friends. Try to avoid messy or distracted backgrounds if possible.
Albert @ THE ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY

You don't need a faster lens, just a higher shutter speed(increase your iso) or better support(tripod).

Thank you all for your comments and advice. Will try again soon.