[nitewalk] Trailing

Redid a shot i did last year and i didn't manage to get the trails out clearly but this time I manage to get it out with a single shot. The artificial lights decently contrasted against a gentle blue of the sky.

12927406643_117ccbccd5_c.jpg

Second shot of the ongoing project to document Bukit Ho Swee estate. Finally, I can do this shot as I had just bought the Samyang 14mm lens. The correction of the distortion is a little tricky as it doesn't seem quite uniform. Still trying to understand the necessary correction aside from the lens profile.

13168603195_fa2b686e7f_c.jpg

Natural GND filter, this haze. Shot on Friday when the haze was at its worst. Thankfully, the recent rain has washed away the blur. The look of the CBD buildings somehow reminds me of my impression of NYC. Haha dunno why.

Single shot and used a longer exposure instead of a stacking shorter exposures. The subdued look of the background was kept as it is to contrast with other similar works, so by not stacking the exposures, the less distinct the trails would feel and therefore going better with the subdued background.

13220019475_d35c3ef17f_c.jpg

Nice shot. And thanks for not only sharing the picture but also letting us in on the thought process that went on behind it. :)

Nice shot. And thanks for not only sharing the picture but also letting us in on the thought process that went on behind it. :)
Thanks. Yeah i figured the thought process is more important than the camera settings which people usually ask for!

Yeah it certainly helps me to better appreciate your photos knowing about their significance or simply just how it came about. Always looking forward.

Cheers.