Nikon Z6 and Z7 Full-Frame Mirrorless

Which one do you want ?

• Nikon Z6, I am looking for a King in Low Light Photography

• Nikon Z7, I am a Pixel Peeper

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nikon released firmware update 2.01 for the Z6 and Z7 mirrorless cameras:

If the camera detected faces during still photography or movie recording at the settings listed below, it would in very rare instances begin to respond more slowly, display an error, or stop responding altogether.
  • Still Photography
    • Auto-area AF selected for AF-area mode in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU
    • Face and eye detection on or Face detection on selected for Custom Setting a4 (Auto-area AF face/eye detection) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU
  • Movie Recording
    • Auto-area AF selected for AF-area mode in the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU
    • Face and eye detection on or Face detection on selected for Custom Setting a4 (Auto-area AF face/eye detection) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU
In very rare instances, the bottoms of pictures taken with all the following settings in effect would not appear as expected:
  • Mode dial rotated to AUTO, P, or A
  • An NEF (RAW) option selected for Image quality in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU
  • 14-bit selected for NEF (RAW) recording > NEF (RAW) bit depth in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU
  • Auto selected for Custom Setting d5 (Shutter type) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU
  • Continuous H (extended) release mode selected with the release mode/self-timer button

Read more: https://nikonrumors.com/2019/07/31/...and-z7-mirrorless-cameras.aspx/#ixzz5vgtGKCOR

The future of Z mount system is bright !!!
These lenses are coming from Nikon!

FX:
- 40mm
- 24-200mm
- 24-105mm S-line
- 50mm f/1.2 S-line
- 200-600mm
- 100-400mm S-line
- 105mm micro S-line
- 14-24mm f/2.8 S-line
- 20mm f/1.8 S-line
- 60mm micro
- 28mm

DX:
- 18-140mm

Nikon-Nikkor-Z-mirrorless-lens-roadmap-1.jpg

In the 3 multiple choice answers, the first answer is a loaded presumptuous statement. A person may be looking for a camera body that is "king of low light".
But Nikon Z6 is NOT that.
The 2nd answer is a loaded insult against anyone who likes high megapixel cameras. Z7 is a 45.7 megapixel camera. Human beings adjust their expectations quickly as technology changes and consumer products become available within the affordability range of ordinary people. Long ago 3.2 megapixel cameras were common, then 5MP, then 8MP, then 10MP, then12 MP, then 16MP, then 20MP, then 24MP, then 30MP, then 40+MP, then now Sony A7R4 with 61 MP. Fuji GFX100 (so-called medium format) has 100 MP.
If insults were the normal behaviour, perhaps in a past era, people who owned 3.2MP cameras would unfairly label those wanting to buy 8MP cameras as pixel peepers.
Eventually 40+MP cameras would become common.
In computing, technology improves by leaps and bounds. Moore's Law applies in some way to digital photography products.

Last edited:
TKFoto, Alan Photo should be offering the lowest prices. Have to wait for the shops to open though.

Forum now more for B&S. For discussions, I find FB Groups much more active.

not many nikon users now? or the clubsnap forum generally so quiet. Is this forum dying?

I got my Z6 + FTZ adapter for a good price in March, Check with the popular stores in SG.