Nikon V2 Images

motionstills

Apr 15, 2010
Middle East SG
Didn't find many people using this camera, thought I share some test shots, bought the V2 mainly to take advantage of its cropped sensor and high frame rate continuous shots.

Long range shots with Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD and FT-1 adapter

sDSC_0278-1.png

sDSC_0288-1.png

sDSC_0318-1.png

sDSC_0196-1.png

Also got the superb 18.5mm prime, will post some shots when I am done with close-up tests.

Didn't find many people using this camera, thought I share some test shots, bought the V2 mainly to take advantage of its cropped sensor and high frame rate continuous shots.

Long range shots with Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD and FT-1 adapter

sDSC_0318-1.png

i like this photo, that you managed to get the wing flipping but the eyes are sharp.

i use V1, and imho most of the V1 users don't see the need to upgrade to V2 at this moment, thus fewer V2 users. :)

look forward to your photos with 18.5mm. I like that lens too

I am a Nikon DSLR user for more than 10 years. Now I am thinking to switch to 1 series. I like traveling and have two kids and being old. It is tough to bring a bigger camera, especially for huge lens and speed lash. Only one thing trouble me is how about the compatibility of Nikkor lens. Also, the choice of lens for "1" is not rich. And I see SONY release a full frame DC camera. So I am not sure, Nikon will upgrade "1" to DX format or not. I will wait awhile, since my D7000 is not so old or I am still not too old to hold heavy DSLR.
Thanks for sharing. I love "1" more and more.

Actually I bought "1" because it is not DX nor FX, I wanted the advantage of having a larger crop-factor without drastically compromising IQ. With the larger crop-factor I gain advantage on FOV with equivalent focal length and no longer need to carry heavy lens for birding, and can achieve greater DOF while shooting macro. So, I guess "1" is not for everyone.

Nikon may make a mirrorless DX body in future, but I think CX will remain as CX, I only hope they can improve their Creative Lighting Systems on this series camera, such as adding a flash commander or a hotshoe adapter for off camera flash. As it is now, lighting solution is very limited.

Testing with 18.5mm f/1.8 lens, shooting at f/1.8, this lens is very sharp wide open and bokeh is pleasing.

sDSC_0859-1.png

18.5mm f/1.8 lens, close-up shot at about 1ft, f/2 iso160 1/800s.

sDSC_1014-1.png

Nice pics..... I am buying this lens... :)

Thanx.

Been trying to catalogue all the species of Kingfishers but only have the White collar and Stork Bill so far ...... Seen this white breast Kingfisher at Sungei Tampines before but always too far away.

The V2 + FT 1 + 70-300 seems a very affordable and portable way of photographing birds ..... Cool

Thanks, it's at Pasir Ris Park.

Thanks TS for sharing. I'm just wondering how is noise profile for this sensor at high ISO, eg, 3200? Would you be able to post a 100% crop of a slightly underexposed area of an image at ISO3200?

Thanks TS for sharing. I'm just wondering how is noise profile for this sensor at high ISO, eg, 3200? Would you be able to post a 100% crop of a slightly underexposed area of an image at ISO3200?

Hi Ansel, i rarely make shots at that high iso, but will certainly shoot some for your assessment soon :)

Took a stroll down kampong glam and haji lane area. V2 with Nikkor 16-85mm and FT-1.

sDSC_1094-1.png

sDSC_1101-1.png

sDSC_1132-1.png

Last edited:
Some features of haji lane. V2 with Nikkor 16-85mm and FT-1.

sDSC_1112-1.png

sDSC_1117-1.png

sDSC_1120-1.png

sDSC_1126-1.png

sDSC_1127-1.png

Last edited: