Nikon D2X who will buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*foresees start of silly threads,, which to buy D2x or 1d mk2.

loupgarou said:
*foresees start of silly threads,, which to buy D2x or 1d mk2.

Not need to ask, just BUY BUY BUY both. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Anyway, the two of them are different class of camera, but then, maybe not. ;)

wow, if D2H can upgrade the CCD, that will be fantastic!

nad said:
wow, if D2H can upgrade the CCD, that will be fantastic!

Yup...gave up hope liao....my D2h will stay D2h.... :bsmilie:

At US1999, I think Nikon have already decided they will not have the D2hs...else they would have kept the D2h price constant.

I already lost a lot of money liao...all the assignment earnings goes to price drop.

NorthernLights said:
Yup...gave up hope liao....my D2h will stay D2h.... :bsmilie:

At US1999, I think Nikon have already decided they will not have the D2hs...else they would have kept the D2h price constant.

I already lost a lot of money liao...all the assignment earnings goes to price drop.

If you are not making a living out of photography than it is ok lah. ;) Just use your D2H for another 1-2 years to make enough and move on. For hobby,you can consider yourself very good to cover back what you have spend.

Technology are moving too fast nowadys, a latest DSLR will only last for 3 years & a newer one will come out to be better & cost more $$$ to upgrade.If you dont wish to lost too much money, always stay one step behind. There is no such thing as long term value in DSLR. Unless you are very Rich$$$ than catch up will be fun lah.

Anyway, most of clients in Singapore dont pay that much in order for most photographers to catch up with the latest technology. Even if you own a D2X, will you be able to charge your client 50% more? I dont think most clients will be even willing to pay another 20% more even if you are using a D2X. :rolleyes: And also you must judge the kind of assignment you are shooting, do you really need such high megapixels in order to deliver? :dunno:

Frankly speaking, If I am into photography not for a living but as hobby, I rather shoot in Flim(E6 for colour & B&W) & forget about technology & megapixels. :bsmilie:

Well, time for me to move on & search for a good value D2H liao.

glennyong said:
i think so far with technology in pixel technology, i think the biggest pixel i have actually came across is 1 giga pixel. which is 1000MP. ;) wadds after giga ?? well i also dunno... :dunno:

hee you referring to a website where there was this guy who took multi-shots of a mountain scene and stiched them up together? heheh..ya that one was one big "MEGA MEGA" megapixel picture heh.. Well he did proof you don;t need to wait for the best and latest camera to give you the resolution and pixel count you want :)

sammy888 said:
hee you referring to a website where there was this guy who took multi-shots of a mountain scene and stiched them up together? heheh..ya that one was one big "MEGA MEGA" megapixel picture heh.. Well he did proof you don;t need to wait for the best and latest camera to give you the resolution and pixel count you want :)

no point lah.. stitch until so 'kan kor'... :D

sammedia said:
Technology are moving too fast nowadys, a latest DSLR will only last for 3 years & a newer one will come out to be better & cost more $$$ to upgrade.If you dont wish to lost too much money, always stay one step behind. There is no such thing as long term value in DSLR. Unless you are very Rich$$$ than catch up will be fun lah.

Hmm...my 3 years old Canon 1D still worth over $3k which is more than the latest 20D with twice the number of pixel :dunno:

detrop said:
...even the breakthrough of p3 1ghz that causes so much surprises to ppl has become something that is taken for granted nowadays... look, there's 2ghz, or 3ghz, wat is 1ghz? nevertheless, i admire those ppl who is still using 1ghz comp (if there is) and still making a living out of that comp... like wise, even those ppl with d100 can still make a living now with the presence of much better cameras such as 20d or s3 or even d70...

Yeap agree, I'm just one of those, still using P3 866Mhz (dual processor)... and D100... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Can't afford to chase after technology... just need a reasonable and afforadable tool will do... but if price is right and got money why not... D2x rocks!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;p

Wai said:
Hmm...my 3 years old Canon 1D still worth over $3k which is more than the latest 20D with twice the number of pixel :dunno:

Wait for another 3 years and see how much will your Canon 1D going to fetch?
In DSLR, it is about technology..just like computer...anyone still using Windows95 now? :think:
I am not a pro in this line so I would not wanted (also can't afford) to get a top-of-the-line DSLR. Too costly and with the amount of money I spent on it, I will have problems with selling it away after a few years (DSLR cameras can't fetch high value - see the fate of Nikon D1???!!!).
I rather shoot with my film camera and dun even bother to upgrade, best of all, the quality is still there! :lovegrin:

sammedia said:
If you are not making a living out of photography than it is ok lah. ;) Just use your D2H for another 1-2 years to make enough and move on. For hobby,you can consider yourself very good to cover back what you have spend.

Anyway, most of clients in Singapore dont pay that much in order for most photographers to catch up with the latest technology. Even if you own a D2X, will you be able to charge your client 50% more? I dont think most clients will be even willing to pay another 20% more even if you are using a D2X. :rolleyes: And also you must judge the kind of assignment you are shooting, do you really need such high megapixels in order to deliver? :dunno:

Frankly speaking, If I am into photography not for a living but as hobby, I rather shoot in Flim(E6 for colour & B&W) & forget about technology & megapixels. :bsmilie:

Well, time for me to move on & search for a good value D2H liao.

I like the part about Film and E6, esp if it's a hobby.

:thumbsup:

detrop said:
no need so big of MP... even d70 or 300d can last u fr 5 yrs before a prosumer 20mb dslr come out in a matter of yrs.. maybe even months... we all should know by now that its hard to keep shoulder to shoulder to technology... even the breakthrough of p3 1ghz that causes so much surprises to ppl has become something that is taken for granted nowadays... look, there's 2ghz, or 3ghz, wat is 1ghz? nevertheless, i admire those ppl who is still using 1ghz comp (if there is) and still making a living out of that comp... like wise, even those ppl with d100 can still make a living now with the presence of much better cameras such as 20d or s3 or even d70...

i'm one of your heros, i use a 1ghz on my mac g4 to work. :sweat:

Belle&Sebastain said:
i'm one of your heros, i use a 1ghz on my mac g4 to work. :sweat:

you are lucky, I am using a G4-800! :cry:

but it is rock stable, so I am not complaining! :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.