Nikon D200

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think so. most likely due to the soon-to-be launched Fujifilm S5pro which share the same D200 body. The dynamic range on S3pro, the predecessor, which is essential for portraiture and landscape, simply blows away the D200 in UK and US reviews. only some less-than-perfect handling and lack of not-often-use functions stop people from getting the old model and get D200 instead, which is incidentally more expensive.

also it is because of branding, nikon vs fuji. But hey, whose the color expert?

so you would guess what's in store for S5pro with almost complete transfer of nikon body to the newer body. even now 2nd hand S3pro are quite difficult to find. only those who have shot with S3pro will know what i mean.

if only nikon and fuji can merge completely.....

yet to see any S5Pro review anywhere much less the completed S5Pro model! :bsmilie:

but a few pluses and minuses.

S5Pro is 6mp
S5Pro's file size are very huge as compared to a 10mp D200(RAW to RAW comparison)
S5Pro will be available at a high price of S$2.6k+-, and that is for a 6mp DSLR, no less.

did i mention a new DSLR from Nikon next yr? :bsmilie:
dun bet on it.

FujiFilm has a tough competition next yr.

yet to see any S5Pro review anywhere much less the completed S5Pro model! :bsmilie: QUOTE]

the review i'm referring to is on the old S3pro, if you read correctly.

price drop so much... at least your camera didn't drop :bigeyes:
1st to buy
1st to use
1st to enjoy
1st to showoff

Oh my god........1k+ already , omg.....1k+ already , bought D200 in April for 3288, now the price drop so much.!!

Very painful man ......a painful experience.:bheart:

it's going to be like that

now that D200 is around $2200, is it worth the upgrade from D80?

now that D200 is around $2200, is it worth the upgrade from D80?

Why not??

There are much more segments in the sensor. The frame rate is better. 5fps
More lenses can be used, even the AI models. ;)

Why not??

Agree... i would think this is the best upgrade a hobbist can get if it is not for biz use while not wanting to spend too much.

Agree... i would think this is the best upgrade a hobbist can get if it is not for biz use while not wanting to spend too much.

Umm??? Sell away my D50 with kit lens at $700, sell away my 80-300G lens at $100, find another $1400+, can get a D200 liow. Oops! forget about the lens for D200. Umm?? Get 18-200VR at $1250, ai ya cash must come out about $2650, budget not enough, sian :nono: :nono:

Umm??? Sell away my D50 with kit lens at $700, sell away my 80-300G lens at $100, find another $1400+, can get a D200 liow. Oops! forget about the lens for D200. Umm?? Get 18-200VR at $1250, ai ya cash must come out about $2650, budget not enough, sian :nono: :nono:

Many of us must realise that Photography is ultimately a very expensive hobby!

However, back to the D200, I think feature/function to price wise, it was still very good value at it's original price. Now at this reduced price, it is a no-brainer to get this camera, provided, I must repeat, provided you need all the features and functions that this machine can give you. Otherwise, I think the D80 is a much more realistic camera to get.

Why not??

Irrelevant for people not requiring these features.

My recommendation is, evaluate your needs first. The other thing you must realise that we are in the digital age. Nothing lasts forever. Don't pay for a feature now that you foresee yourself needing in 3 years' time. When the time comes, there will again be a better camera to buy. Buy what you need now and the next year or so. The next models from Nikon will always be better and cheaper.

Problem with the D80 is it can't use the older lenses that I can get 2nd hand. Yeah, photography is an expensive hobby indeed and unless you can command a high income, it'll be a long time to get the money back.

The D200 is my back up camera and even though my D2H has been superseded, it's still a good pro camera that I use whenever I can.

For me, i forego D80 and chose D200 in 10 minutes hands-on side-by-side comparison because (in priority order):

1. Handling
2. Handling
3. Handling
4. Faster autofocus
5. Good consistent metering exposure
5. Useful centre-button function
6. extra remote flash slave

It serves my purposes in shooting portraits, running children, wildlife, travelshots etc,

If you are into very low light and hi iso shooting, then i'm afraid these 2 models are not for you.

D70 has infrared remote control.
Is D200 using cable release or infrared remote control as well?
What is the model and how much is it?
Thanks in advance.

D70 has infrared remote control.
Is D200 using cable release or infrared remote control as well?
What is the model and how much is it?
Thanks in advance.

D200 has an externa wireless remote which costs about $200 to do the same thing which D70 infrared remote control is doing ...

Nikon original remote cord costs about $95, if u stick to original set ...

3rd party remote cord is $30... I just bought a 2nd hand one. the functionality is the same, build is very lousy ... but I think it serves very well on its pricing ... :thumbsup:

With this price drop, do you guys think that they are actually trying to clear stock and await for the next model to come out? :think:
There should be another round of price drop next year to signal Nikon is clearing stocks.

There should be another round of price drop next year to signal Nikon is clearing stocks.
then for D80, does it have infrared control like D70 as mentioned above? btw wats the price for D80 body it self? should i go with the kit or juet get the body and get myself a gd lens? so far the body is going at 1590 at song bros in simlim.. can i get a better price else where?

then for D80, does it have infrared control like D70 as mentioned above? btw wats the price for D80 body it self? should i go with the kit or juet get the body and get myself a gd lens? so far the body is going at 1590 at song bros in simlim.. can i get a better price else where?

If I were you, I will get the body and a very good lens

but is 1590 a gd price for the body ?

Status
Not open for further replies.