Nikon D200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not be too quick to judge... notice bro stallion's shots are stopped down to f/8.

Does your shooting style permit you to shoot at such apertures? or do you need sharp wide-open?

Evaluate your own needs before you decide... or end up wasting money and complaining "why is my xxx lens not sharp. it sux. @#$% N----" :bsmilie:

Do not be too quick to judge... notice bro stallion's shots are stopped down to f/8.

Does your shooting style permit you to shoot at such apertures? or do you need sharp wide-open?

Evaluate your own needs before you decide... or end up wasting money and complaining "why is my xxx lens not sharp. it sux. @#$% N----" :bsmilie:

Hahahaah... I like your last part when u quote pple kaobei kaobu :bsmilie:

True, hang on then, i ll post a wide open shot at 100%!

Ok here you go, this is on a D70s though, but the quality will be better on the D200. The D200 should not out resolve this lens.

71438099.jpg

From

65766140.jpg

F/4.5
105mm
1/800
IS0200

was at John 3:16 yesterday. D200 going for $2200

Hi all,
is the price quoted above still the same or drop further?
anyone has called any of the shops and asked the latest price of D200?
how about the price of mb-d200 now?
thanks.

seems most of D200 users r owning MB-D200, i dislike it as the holding experience is not good to me and the look is just out of line to me :dunno:

Just bought my D200 from Lords yesterday.
$2210 incl 5% GST. Cash or Nets only.
Credit card pay extra.

Just bought my D200 from Lords yesterday.
$2210 incl 5% GST. Cash or Nets only.
Credit card pay extra.

Wah...this is happening sooner than I thought. Sigh.....early adopters always get hit first.

Anyway, no complaints. The D200 is one hell of a camera! Glad to own it since March.

Wah...this is happening sooner than I thought. Sigh.....early adopters always get hit first.

Anyway, no complaints. The D200 is one hell of a camera! Glad to own it since March.

What to do...? I also one of those victims that bought it at $2800. had to get it cos assignments coming up. Now see the price drop so much, gues jus have to suck it up and keep snappin away to utilise n minimise the price drop pain. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Aiya... camera this kind of thing cannot wait for price drop wan la...
New technology comes out at neck breaking speed. Got use just buy lo, otherwise will always be in fear that a few mths later a better one comes out and you lugi.
Anyway i think so far this is the best camera in the market for it's price le. So even if you paid some more a few mths back also worth it. You get the head start mah. :thumbsup:

Wah kao. :confused:
Hope I dun start some C vs N war with that remark above. Just a personal opinion. :D

With this price drop, do you guys think that they are actually trying to clear stock and await for the next model to come out? :think:

I have the same thought as you. I think it is always a way to make sure they don't stock up old model too much before they launch the new model. Take for example, laptops were selling like hotcakes during SITEX. People were going for laptops instead of desktop. Even internet service providers were giving away free desktop or laptop when you contract with them for at least 24 months.
However, my personal view is, the more the D200 price drop, the happier I am. As this is the model that I think is a good upgrade from my D70. Have always wanted to own one since the day they launched it. In general, if this is the camera that you want and the price is reasonable to you, then go get it. There is no need to go for the latest technology or model as there will always be a new model coming and the current model will be sold cheaper.
Just my opinion.

With this price drop, do you guys think that they are actually trying to clear stock and await for the next model to come out? :think:

i don't think so. most likely due to the soon-to-be launched Fujifilm S5pro which share the same D200 body. The dynamic range on S3pro, the predecessor, which is essential for portraiture and landscape, simply blows away the D200 in UK and US reviews. only some less-than-perfect handling and lack of not-often-use functions stop people from getting the old model and get D200 instead, which is incidentally more expensive.

also it is because of branding, nikon vs fuji. But hey, whose the color expert?

so you would guess what's in store for S5pro with almost complete transfer of nikon body to the newer body. even now 2nd hand S3pro are quite difficult to find. only those who have shot with S3pro will know what i mean.

if only nikon and fuji can merge completely.....

Status
Not open for further replies.