Nikon Coolpic P5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i own this camera. Excellent value for money. Pictures are sharp and vivid. Minor problems with shooting high contrast scenes where highlights get clipped even when using the d-lighting mode. Very little noise up to ISO 400. ISO 800 still acceptable for smaller prints up to A4 (subjective based on your tolerance to noise). Focussing is fast enough for me. VR is excellent and the 10 mp means huge prints possible. The grip is what made my wife fall in love with the cam so i bought it for her. Harvey Norman $625. The courts offer mentioned above makes this camera even more value for money.

Yes i own this camera. Excellent value for money. Pictures are sharp and vivid. Minor problems with shooting high contrast scenes where highlights get clipped even when using the d-lighting mode. Very little noise up to ISO 400. ISO 800 still acceptable for smaller prints up to A4 (subjective based on your tolerance to noise). Focussing is fast enough for me. VR is excellent and the 10 mp means huge prints possible. The grip is what made my wife fall in love with the cam so i bought it for her. Harvey Norman $625. The courts offer mentioned above makes this camera even more value for money.

Mil, can explain wht is "with shooting high contrast scenes where highlights get clipped even when using the d-lighting mode", the clipped means wht? I saw it in some reviews, but yet to understand. :dunno: Paiseh, me just starting to pick up photography. Thanks!

Mil, can explain wht is "with shooting high contrast scenes where highlights get clipped even when using the d-lighting mode", the clipped means wht? I saw it in some reviews, but yet to understand. :dunno: Paiseh, me just starting to pick up photography. Thanks!

Oh, no prob. When shooting high contrast scenes, the metering of the camera exposes for the shadows, to get details in the dark areas of the photo. If overdone, the very lightest parts of the picture loses detail instead. Not very important, but good to know so you can compensate for it.

Oh, no prob. When shooting high contrast scenes, the metering of the camera exposes for the shadows, to get details in the dark areas of the photo. If overdone, the very lightest parts of the picture loses detail instead. Not very important, but good to know so you can compensate for it.

Oh.... i get it. Thanks a lot!!!:D

anyone can comment on the focus speed and shutter lag of P5000? read from dpreview that its rather sluggish?

thanks in advance for any info.

anyone can comment on the focus speed and shutter lag of P5000? read from dpreview that its rather sluggish?

thanks in advance for any info.

It definitely won't be as fast as a dSLR, but it's alright as long as you aren't shooting really fast-paced stuff. Turning off red-eye reduction might help, as the camera will perform one less step before shutter release. YMMV.

It definitely won't be as fast as a dSLR, but it's alright as long as you aren't shooting really fast-paced stuff. Turning off red-eye reduction might help, as the camera will perform one less step before shutter release. YMMV.

ummm... red eye reduction? i suppose you're referring to cases when flash is used right? how about under normal lighting without flash? i'm not expecting SLR type responses... but how does it compare with regards to other PNS?

maybe i'll just drop by the shops to test this out myself... thanks anyway...

im interested in this too!
wanna sell my canon a700 for this. :p hehehhh.

last i checked it was around 550 at SLS..

Any issue with the audible buzzing noise in video mode as reported by some users in dpreview forum? :dunno:

Seems tht p5000 now is out of stock everywhere now except major stores like courts & harvey.
Was actually looking forward to get the camera during the PC show but the only nikon stand is under courts, another is that the crowded is unbearable.

Anyone has idea where to get a fast and good buy now, was looking for price $540-550 incl. the regular stuff the 2Gb card, cleaning kit, mini tripod, etc. Dealers like parasilk, ms, ap say all stocks next week. i hear about 2 X(times) next week every week i call. :sweat:

im also interested in getting this model!

i think its really not bad in terms of the look of it.

but im not sure if its suitable for their self shot photos. for indoors and outdoors type.

how would it be.

eee everyone ignore p5000??

Status
Not open for further replies.