Nikon 50mm f/1.4D

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe by it week end i will be get another copy 35mm f/1.8G DX
the price is fixed at $355 only.
i just be considering it, so i can be use with my 1st DSLR D40. hehe~~
if who have interesting it, just pm me. thanks.

(sorry i will reply u at everning time, cause i working now haha~~
u all can pm me 1st. thanks)
Will this be stil frm JB or here?

i dont think the 35mm f1.8 is quite right, that is because while the viewing angle is about the same as that of a 50mm lens, it's perspective is still that of a 35mm lens (ie. abit wide)
hence, the thing about this "feels like the right proportion" perspective with the 50mm will not exist for the 35mm...

I was quoted $300+ w/o GST today by a local shop but no stock & dun know when

who wanted for Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
pls let me know for another 2 units.
1 unit is already to be comfirm to deal by coming it sunday.
so i not need to walk 2 times.
pls let me know as soon as possible..
$350+5 for my transport fee. hehe
so = $355 fixed.
thanks

just pm me. end at it friday.

Last edited:
Hi, anyone else using the 50mm 1.4D with the HS9 hood? The hood doesn't fit after I put on a UV filter. Grateful for advice on which UV filters still allow the snap-on hood to be put on. Thanks in advance!

hi, i'm back from M'sia.

below the photo to showing my brand new 50mm f/1.4D
hehe..:D

DSC_4529.jpg

I have no problem there with Nikon & Kenko filters. Shouldn't be a problem with the filter. Attach the hood onto the lens... then cap it.

Hi, anyone else using the 50mm 1.4D with the HS9 hood? The hood doesn't fit after I put on a UV filter. Grateful for advice on which UV filters still allow the snap-on hood to be put on. Thanks in advance!
I'm using snap on hood with nikon NC52mm :) very good!

Before you go ahead to purchase a new filter, why not try attaching the hood onto the lens ... then secure the lens cap ?

Before you go ahead to purchase a new filter, why not try attaching the hood onto the lens ... then secure the lens cap ?

Hi bro, actually I meant that once the UV filter is screwed on the lens, the snap-on hood cannot be attached to the UV filter (think the diameter is slightly smaller).

hi, everyone i'm back.

Hi bro, actually I meant that once the UV filter is screwed on the lens, the snap-on hood cannot be attached to the UV filter (think the diameter is slightly smaller).

acturally i'm using it hoya filter pro1 with hr-2 hood is very good.

Continue.. to showing blur background picture from 1.4-2.8

5. Int Warranty
DSC_4526.jpg

6. it's picture is taken by 50mm F1.4
F14.jpg

7. F1.8
F18.jpg

8. F2.8
F28.jpg

seems like at f1.8 its bit out of focus.. is it because of the shaky hand?

haha, f1.8 is when press buttom is shaky.

Just wondering if there's any benefit to attaching a UV filter if I already have the HS9 metal hood which I can leave on all the time. Will the metal hood serve as decent protection for the lens? Hope to seek some views before plonking down cash for a B+W filter.

Just wondering if there's any benefit to attaching a UV filter if I already have the HS9 metal hood which I can leave on all the time. Will the metal hood serve as decent protection for the lens? Hope to seek some views before plonking down cash for a B+W filter.

A filter will protect yr lens from things that may comes in contact with the front element. So i would get a filter instead. Dun need to spend so much on a B+W if you are getting 52mm and smaller size. Get Hoya HMC or Pro1D or the normal Hoya UV one is enough.

but for metal hood is so good to attached it.
when the auto focus is turning so that hood also follow to turn and so very heavy too.
i will prefer to use pastic hood more lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.