Nikon 35mm f1.8 vs Sigma 30mm f1.4 (Thread?)

eejal

Deregistered
May 4, 2005
End of the Line
I'm pretty sure I've been following this thread before CS was 'down'. its just that i'm not sure if its here or in Sigma/Tokina/Tamron thread.

can't seem to find it. Any help?

Many thanks.
My apologies if the thread is still here.

Looks like the thread is gone. :bheart:

I think both lenses are great and the Nikon needs half as much $ to achieve the greatness :)

I think both lenses are great and the Nikon needs half as much $ to achieve the greatness :)

yes bro... both lenses are superb. only price will justify their quality. ;)

I was almost set to buy the Sigma, however, after trying both out at the shop, I decided to get the Nikon cos it had a shorter minimum focus distance which suits my needs..

I was almost set to buy the Sigma, however, after trying both out at the shop, I decided to get the Nikon cos it had a shorter minimum focus distance which suits my needs..

that's wat i noticed. the Sig minimum focusing distance is discouraging me.

that's wat i noticed. the Sig minimum focusing distance is discouraging me.
yup.. the minimum focussing distance does make a lot of difference and i felt that it was more important that the additional 2/3 stops offered by the Sigma.

how about 24 f2.8? i was hesitate between 24 f2.8 with 35 f1.8

I went for the Nikon after trying out both lens... min focus distance, sharpness and price.

new gear bro? haha.. get the 35mm from nikon. no regrets. i got the 35mm f2.

yes love....thinking of. hehehe.... yes! 35mm f2. who knows i might just go and get the D700 one day....or.. :devil:

yes love....thinking of. hehehe.... yes! 35mm f2. who knows i might just go and get the D700 one day....or.. :devil:

me too. but i have decided to travel instead of purchasing the d700 which can wait. you can never put a price to experience. :)

if you wanna try i could let u test the 35mm. you will like it :)

me too. but i have decided to travel instead of purchasing the d700 which can wait. you can never put a price to experience. :)

if you wanna try i could let u test the 35mm. you will like it :)

allow me pls!! when can i collect? heheh....

if you got lobang for this lens...beep me ok? inda meantime...