Nikon 28Ti vs 35Ti vs Contax T2 vs T3 vs Leica Minilux vs Ricoh 1v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com

which one will you choose? Or none of the above and get a simple P&S digicam? :dunno:

I wonder if anyone still show with film...and still need the top notch P&S nowadays...

I have the Nikon 28 T1, Contax T (not the T2 or T3) and Leica Minilux. I have used the Ricoh 1V (do not own one).

Actually not much difference! (but then I shoot only black & white!).

Subjectively, I prefer the Leica Minilux. Just like it!

Contax T2 and forget the rest. Go photo.net to do a search. There's quite a few good reviews for the compacts.

moon said:
Contax T2 and forget the rest. Go photo.net to do a search. There's quite a few good reviews for the compacts.

Konica Hexar ( AF ) if you don't mind the slightly bulkier build

T3 and CM stands above the rest. :lovegrin: Minilux if you don't mind the short comings. GR1V for the wide perspectives. GR21 if you like it even wider. T2 if you cannot afford the T3. TVSII (with mechanical zoom and starts at 28mm)or TVSIII or Minilux Zoom if you need the zoom. CM Zoom ;p will be out soon, starts from 35mm, but should be good as it addresses the problems of the Minilux zoom, and has a mechanical zoom. Forget the rest, even the mju II and the Yashica T4 or T5.

I totally agree with Parchiao's summation. Spot on Parchiao. I own the T3 and love it, taken some wonderful shots. Optically the T3 has the edge over the T2. The Nikon I am not keen on but I'm sure its good.

The Leica CM is the interesting one here, its new and i have not seen comparison. Has the release of the CM pushed the prices of the Minilux down?? If it has then this may be the real bargain.

Yup, optically Leica CM maybe good but I just find that the viewfinder is too small and not as comfortable to use as my T3.

Having owned and used the 35Ti for many years, I have to say the optical quality is excellent. Some of my best pictures were taken with this camera although I am primarily an SLR user who has many prime lenses. Its good for general carrying around when you want to travel light.

Kho King said:

which one will you choose? Or none of the above and get a simple P&S digicam? :dunno:

I wonder if anyone still show with film...and still need the top notch P&S nowadays...

I'm surprised that you have not included the Minolta TC-1. I've tried the 28Ti, 35Ti, TVS, Minilux and T2. It easily outperforms the group, in my use of it.

The Nikons have repeatedly failed with the fiddly meter needles, and tend to overexpose even after sending it back to Nikon. Initally, the 35Ti juices out after 5 rolls and I had to send it back to Nikon again. Makes me wonder about their QC.

The Contaxes are pretty much great except for the size.

The Ricoh GR1 is probably the only one that matches the size and performance found in the TC-1. Plus, the TC-1 diaphragm is a whole circular cut-out instead of blades. So you get butter smooth bokehs. ;)

cheers.

I've the Yashica T5 that's super sharp and contrasty. It's discontinued though but sometimes pops up once a while in the second hand market.

Luq said:
I'm surprised that you have not included the Minolta TC-1. I've tried the 28Ti, 35Ti, TVS, Minilux and T2. It easily outperforms the group, in my use of it.

The Nikons have repeatedly failed with the fiddly meter needles, and tend to overexpose even after sending it back to Nikon. Initally, the 35Ti juices out after 5 rolls and I had to send it back to Nikon again. Makes me wonder about their QC.

The Contaxes are pretty much great except for the size.

The Ricoh GR1 is probably the only one that matches the size and performance found in the TC-1. Plus, the TC-1 diaphragm is a whole circular cut-out instead of blades. So you get butter smooth bokehs. ;)

cheers.

Hmmm, I just sold my TC-1
I love the small size, but the fastest apeture = F3.5
So now i am again looking for a Hexar = F2.0
plus the Hexar ( AF ) lens seems to give a really nice
contrast to all my photos that not many other do ...
( till i sold it away... but that's another story : )

I own T2 ; Leica Minilix both are excellent camer, photos taken can compere to SLR camera. I also love to use my minox MDC(gold coated- collecter item )& GTE model , it give good depth of field.

I have been learning how to optimize Minilux with the DOF of the lens. And after some time, what I discover really surprises me :

During my trips to Perth, I have used Contax SLR if time permits and my Minilux when I was running out of time. The result of the Minilux was so good that even my wife can tell photos taken by my Contax lens (28mm & 50mm) versus the Summarit 40mm. Please note that I use Av for most of the time on the Minilux.

I have total respect for Leica, so much so that I've just become a M6 user.

Do any of you have any experience with a T3 and a Minilux zoom? I am thinking of getting the CM Zoom because of its mechanical zoom (and the Minilux Zoom shares the same lens as the CM zoom), but I am not sure if the image quality is close to what you can get out of the T3. I don't suppose that the CM Zoom will win in this department, but if the quality is close, I won't be hesitating to get it.

Hi LKSC,

any tips or drawing on the lens hood for Minilux?

Status
Not open for further replies.