[night86mare] Dreamscapes : A Photo Daily 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! The sky is dramatic!!
What did you do in you post processing? Level/curve?Saturation? USM?

18 Apr 07
463733850_ad498bc02d.jpg

Goodbye, Old Friend

*Going Punggol to shoot the sunset later, if the rain is forgiving, but I just thought some.. Appreciation was due to an old friend. I know, the composition sucks and all that, but I'm keeping the photo, raw as it is. For memory's sake.

To You

When I first saw you, when I bought you online from d4nie on ClubSnap, that silver body, sleek, contoured; it was love at first sight. At that time I was pensive. A prosumer! So many people had advised me against getting it, saying that I would upgrade eventually, so why not jump to DSLR right away? Yet another group would tell me that Sony sucks. That it makes CCD units and not cameras.

You proved all of them wrong. Sorely wrong.

Photographic magazines always say in critiques of photos: "in a perfect world, blah blah blah". Well, in a perfect world, I'd have enough money to keep you, old friend. You were the best outdoor companion I ever had. Some days, some sunsets, some afternoons under the hot sun, it was you and me. You were there with me at Punggol, when I was so afraid I would get you muddy as well, along with my jeans. You were there with me at Changi Broadwalk, looking at the funny oil-rig like thing which seemed like an alien mothership. You were there with me at my numerous obsessive visits to the Chinese Gardens, you were there with me at Changi Beach, sharing the glory of the sunrise(s). Silent, uncomplaining, always doing what I told you to.

It's been a short run, I wish it were longer, but I know you won't stand being boxed up, doing nothing. You were born to shoot, to capture the moments, to unleash your full potential, despite all the critics that say you SUCK. And so, unwillingly, I let you go. To hopefully an owner who loves you as much as I did. As much as I do.

To an old friend, a premature goodbye. I know I'll miss you.

wah...EMO sial!! :bsmilie:

Wow! The sky is dramatic!!
What did you do in you post processing? Level/curve?Saturation? USM?

Not much, actually. A bit of curves only.

But I used polariser while taking the picture, and the sky was dramatic that day, so.. =D

25 Apr 07
471249894_33951a4016.jpg

Solemn Faith
(Since I took something today, I mean yesterday.)

18 Apr 07
463733850_ad498bc02d.jpg

Goodbye, Old Friend

*Going Punggol to shoot the sunset later, if the rain is forgiving, but I just thought some.. Appreciation was due to an old friend. I know, the composition sucks and all that, but I'm keeping the photo, raw as it is. For memory's sake.

To You

When I first saw you, when I bought you online from d4nie on ClubSnap, that silver body, sleek, contoured; it was love at first sight. At that time I was pensive. A prosumer! So many people had advised me against getting it, saying that I would upgrade eventually, so why not jump to DSLR right away? Yet another group would tell me that Sony sucks. That it makes CCD units and not cameras.

You proved all of them wrong. Sorely wrong.

Photographic magazines always say in critiques of photos: "in a perfect world, blah blah blah". Well, in a perfect world, I'd have enough money to keep you, old friend. You were the best outdoor companion I ever had. Some days, some sunsets, some afternoons under the hot sun, it was you and me. You were there with me at Punggol, when I was so afraid I would get you muddy as well, along with my jeans. You were there with me at Changi Broadwalk, looking at the funny oil-rig like thing which seemed like an alien mothership. You were there with me at my numerous obsessive visits to the Chinese Gardens, you were there with me at Changi Beach, sharing the glory of the sunrise(s). Silent, uncomplaining, always doing what I told you to.

It's been a short run, I wish it were longer, but I know you won't stand being boxed up, doing nothing. You were born to shoot, to capture the moments, to unleash your full potential, despite all the critics that say you SUCK. And so, unwillingly, I let you go. To hopefully an owner who loves you as much as I did. As much as I do.

To an old friend, a premature goodbye. I know I'll miss you.

You slept with him/her?

walking distance from changi village? si it harsh, bushed and rocky terrain??...
Not really walking distance from Changi Village.

It's near the SAF Ferry Terminal and Changi Naval Base.. Use the road that you'd use to go to Changi Naval Base, I remember that's what espion told me! =D

Missing it already?? :bsmilie:

Yeah. =(

But K100D is really, really making me forget it really fast.

Will post up photos from my trip soon as I'm done processing, had 3 sunrise/sunsets that were brilliant in their own right, heh. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.