NEX6 MP4 Video recording stopped at 23.35 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xion8x8

Dec 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

Recently i encountered that my Sony Nex-6 MP4 video recording can only record the video up to 23.35 minutes. Anyone know why is it and where is the setting for it? Thank you.

What memory card? Should be up to 29:59

Hi all,

Recently i encountered that my Sony Nex-6 MP4 video recording can only record the video up to 23.35 minutes. Anyone know why is it and where is the setting for it? Thank you.

Most likely is due to low capacity card (no space to write the whole 30min file) or slow card (class 2? Too slow to clear the video buffer)

Or maybe sensor overheat? What kinda video you want to do anyway? Kinda pointless to shoot a long video of the same scene...

Sony 16GB Class 10 94MB/s. Wanted to take a video of a conference using tripod. So most of the camera cannot take long video recording? now even 1 hour? I thought is based on battery and memory storage? Thank you.

Your card is okay. Maybe sensor over heat only. Standard recording time for camera limits to 29:59 minutes. Else it will be considered as a handycam. Use handycam if you going for long recording.

Sony 16GB Class 10 94MB/s. Wanted to take a video of a conference using tripod. So most of the camera cannot take long video recording? now even 1 hour? I thought is based on battery and memory storage? Thank you.

No, it's based on european customs law...

If you really need to take long videos, use a video cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.