News K-01 drops to 350 USD (430 sgd) and with 40mm XS kit is 550 sgd brand new

Can anyone confirm if the K01 does shutter release via cable?

The other this is that does it have HDMI out?

Lucky never sell my few Pentax manual lenses.

Can anyone confirm if the K01 does shutter release via cable?

The other this is that does it have HDMI out?

dun think it can shutter release via cable but it has a HDMI out tho i never try b4 :)

dun think it can shutter release via cable but it has a HDMI out tho i never try b4 :)

Hi Just a general question and curious to learn , is there a reason why one want to use cable release shutter when one could use remote via IR ?

Thanks for the info.

Hi Just a general question and curious to learn , is there a reason why one want to use cable release shutter when one could use remote via IR ?

Not really, except that I had a novel idea of ganging up 2-4 K01 with DA40XS as a one shot pano-stitch camera.
Since K01 does not have a rear IR detector at the rear, I was hoping it could take a wired release instead.
Ganged up in a fixed position so that they overlap 25% of each other's FOV in a 2x2 layout, its sure to stitch at every shot.

dualie said:
Price is around 700 plus when I was e-quoted this month.
Include 40mm XS.

Thank you!

PhilipKr35 said:

Some of the cable release have other features that remote IR lack of, such as build in timer, auto exposure incremental and etc. Also not all dslr have rear IR, so is kinda mah-fan to point remote in front of dslr :)

Last but not least you can still go about without cable release, is a good to have but not must :p

Thanks,
ya, my Kr don't have back IR, usually I just stick my handjust little in front standing behind the camera on a tripod.

Some of the cable release have other features that remote IR lack of, such as build in timer, auto exposure incremental and etc. Also not all dslr have rear IR, so is kinda mah-fan to point remote in front of dslr :)

Last but not least you can still go about without cable release, is a good to have but not must :p

for those who are interested in k-01..its super gd price now for this cam

6638_10151319945504096_666464352_n.png

yep, saw on facebook. just when i'm considering jumping ship to m43...:( if only pentax mirrorless had touchscreen and option for viewfinder

yep, saw on facebook. just when i'm considering jumping ship to m43...:( if only pentax mirrorless had touchscreen and option for viewfinder

Been there, done that.
If a guy was using CA Nikon, then yeah, they would find it a world of difference in terms of size/weight.
But for the Pentax user who has enjoyed a smallish system since day one, imo not that big diff after factoring dof control; file quality; ISO; DR
I ended up deciding that a Pentax was still a better compromise as a system.

Think it over.

Last edited:

i had never use touchscreen on cam b4 other than iphone so i got no comment for that..but for the viewfinder, i have been using k-01 since its launch and i dun really miss the optical viewfinder at all..in fact i used to use a loupe but now i dun bring it out at all..to me..k-01 is a good cam for travel and street photography..its discreet as it doesnt shout like those big DSLRs..ironically, the size is the only fault that i can point out as it is not as small as those m4/3 but its still small enuf to bring it for travel with 2-3 prime lens that i can keep inside a small non camera sling bag (i dun like to bring cam bag for travel as i find those cam bag doesnt cater for other travel items like maps, notes or small shopping items that i tend to buy during holidays)

My brother uses the Samsung system.. I can't get used to electrical viewfinder

Optical viewfinder is for me.. And I see little point in touch screen... This isn't a phone.. I hope Pentax doesn't go down that way and continues being an industrial purist in making more range of lenses, cameras to suit a variety of needs...

Thanks for the info, Got it and Bought it, support local pentax sale for such good price.

for those who are interested in k-01..its super gd price now for this cam

6638_10151319945504096_666464352_n.png

sobrietyanonymous said:
My brother uses the Samsung system.. I can't get used to electrical viewfinder

Optical viewfinder is for me.. And I see little point in touch screen... This isn't a phone.. I hope Pentax doesn't go down that way and continues being an industrial purist in making more range of lenses, cameras to suit a variety of needs...

Samsung? lol, their EVF sucks. I wonder when Pentax will release their 1st K-01 lens.

Isn't the 1st 'K01 lens' DA40xs?

I guess they mean first K-01 only lens, fits K-01 while the lens extends into the mirror box area, which means other mirror box camera can;t take it, even it is K mount

Of course every K-mount lens fits but none of them has a CDAF optimized motor.