Newbies wonder wat is "stop", pls highlight...

Can I say tat there is no rite or wrong to snap at f22 or f11? As long as I let enough light to get into my camera, I still can achieves not a bad result?

Can I say tat there is no rite or wrong to snap at f22 or f11? As long as I let enough light to get into my camera, I still can achieves not a bad result?
I suppose so... Who are we to tell you that it is WRONG, eh? ;)

to put it another way, most people feel that going to f/13 or f/16 at the most (instead of f/22) gives them improved sharpness. It's best if you try it for yourself to see.

Chew...

Someone tought me a technique. tat is snap the first picture with an auto mode. Than from there slowly increase and decrease the setting. Is it the rite way?

i suggest you take a black pen and black out the "auto" mode of your cam. :bsmilie:

kidding only. use P mode instead, will give you a lot more control. then from the settings the camera chose to get the proper exposure, try to duplicate the settings (f-number, shutter speed and ISO) in M mode. then adjust ONLY one setting at a time and see what happens to the exposure. ;)

i suggest you take a black pen and black out the "auto" mode of your cam. :bsmilie:

kidding only. use P mode instead, will give you a lot more control. then from the settings the camera chose to get the proper exposure, try to duplicate the settings (f-number, shutter speed and ISO) in M mode. then adjust ONLY one setting at a time and see what happens to the exposure. ;)
good advice! :thumbsup:

nothing beats trying for yourself :)

edit: just to add on: should use something stable to support, eg. tripod, so that each picture is the same. Less variables :)