newbies models photoshoot on 17th of dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you believe is unimportant. No one cares. What you are trying to do here in CS is important, and it's utterly disgraceful.
stating the obvious. Are you afraid of the truth? Why? Becasue it's a house of cards waiting to fall?
Very well said! I totally agree.

Fish, forget about this thread. Just move on. Things can be conveyed politely, but these people seem to gang up on the new and the innocent. What's the point arguing with people who want to show their power? Let them be. They want to win let them win. :)

i believe tt all de photographers gt their own mindset and they do nt need u to teach them how to see or judge things..one has no right to manipulate others choices...

i dun take any photographers as fools unless or otherwise they themselves feel this way...

sorry to tell u tis...

i can confirm tat by joining tis shoot, although u have named it as a ( NEWBIES MODEL PHOTOSHOOT ) , its hard for the newbies photographers to learn anything from it. Maybe u should set it as TFCD first for the good of the models, once they got some ideas on how to pose, it might be easier for a paid shoot. People dont mind paying for a MUA, but paying for someone who might not even know how to pose infront of a camera sucks first class.

Nobody will hope pay to get fruitless photos results at the end of a shoot, unless the photographers have other mind sets on their minds..haha

I do hope u take the organing more seriously, making money is one, getting to learn from a photoshoot with some good results is another.

I wish u good luck,

Geno.

sorry to tell u tis...

i can confirm tat by joining tis shoot, although u have named it as a ( NEWBIES MODEL PHOTOSHOOT ) , its hard for the newbies photographers to learn anything from it. Maybe u should set it as TFCD first for the good of the models, once they got some ideas on how to pose, it might be easier for a paid shoot. People dont mind paying for a MUA, but paying for someone who might not even know how to pose infront of a camera sucks first class.

Nobody will hope pay to get fruitless photos results at the end of a shoot, unless the photographers have other mind sets on their minds..haha

I do hope u take the organing more seriously, making money is one, getting to learn from a photoshoot with some good results is another.

I wish u good luck,

Geno.

(NEWBIES MODEL PHOTOSHOOT) = Models are newbies or photographers newbies :think:. It seems in this case, the models are the newbies (as stated in the first post). I feel that its a good way to practice posing the models :) (from my photos u all can also see, very lousy = need more practice).

Maybe, if the TS change the $$$ collection for providing food and drinks during the shoot might be better?

"Pay for Fruitless photos?" ... There're some shoots where the model doesn't wanna pose as directed (and the pose is completely decent)...

To the TS, For the handphone photos, you might wanna take the images outdoors with better lighting? That might look better for advertising.

Saiful Bahar,have u got anything to say ??:think: come on... theory lesson again.. hahaha...:sticktong

Ha ha ha... Dear Mr. Darren Tan, As mentioned to you, what more do you want me to say.

I had apologised (read the thread). What else you want me to do? Bow to you? Just because I'm not near your standard? Do you want a "priest" to do this? (its your word calling me "priest", not mine). Or is there other than this that you regard as a "priest" should do?

Didn't realise that only you are allowed to criticize other people but can't accept any sincere criticism.

Btw, the tongue looks good... remind me when children fight... :) But the again, I'm not surprise.

Anyways, lately most of your comments is how pretty models look and not on the photography itself... :think:

"Frankly speaking,this 2 babes are the most prettiest in this show..."

"I know that is photo doesn't do any justice to this goddess of charm... .. Just my humble shoot to show that this is another pretty goddess from Lexus.. "

"She's 1 of my favourite model... so sweet & nice looking.."

"Oh Andrea.... 1 of the most elegance & charming model in the motorshow... I took about 1000 over photos just of her alone A bit "siao" of me..."

"No offends to others but to me,no girls other than Miss Andrea Teo is most suitable to use this word "Most" prettiest...:) "

Anyways Darren, Let me bow to you... I guess to you shooting pretty models is more important than shooting pretty photos...

Never intended to be a personal attack from the start, but a request for people to respect those who are less of your standard.

"Be nice on your way up for you'll meet them again on your way down" - Don't worry, this doesn't apply to you... Sincerely, I believe you will only go up, won't go down one... too good... everyone else is forever below you...

Advise to models, you need to get a book/portfolio first before you can expect to earn any money. If you don't have it already done, find an organiser/agent who will hopefully, is willing to help you get one done. TFCD also a way to do it.

Agree on this. If would be better to do a TFCD/TFP in the benefit for both parties. :thumbsup:

(NEWBIES MODEL PHOTOSHOOT) = Models are newbies or photographers newbies :think:. It seems in this case, the models are the newbies (as stated in the first post). I feel that its a good way to practice posing the models :) (from my photos u all can also see, very lousy = need more practice).

Maybe, if the TS change the $$$ collection for providing food and drinks during the shoot might be better?

"Pay for Fruitless photos?" ... There're some shoots where the model doesn't wanna pose as directed (and the pose is completely decent)...

To the TS, For the handphone photos, you might wanna take the images outdoors with better lighting? That might look better for advertising.

As u can see, if the shoot is all made up of newbie photographers, 1) they comfirm dont even KNOW how to pose the model, 2) Taking snap shots at a model shoot is a pc of ****!.,
3) End of the day, the model learns nothing but only hopes for the hours to quickly fly pass to make easy money.

Bro, if u think that yr pics are lousy, i think advise u TO FOR ONCE THINK BEFORE U SHOOT!.
dont happyly snap away, pity yr camera..hee hee

"Pay for fruitless photos"? what i was trying to say is if u have taken more then 200 diff shoots, only less then 10 can make it, means u are wasting yr time there. the model can always say NO to poses when why people want to lay on the floor to shoot when she is wearing short skirts? Kinda wolf right?

By the way, i see u at most of the events everywhere, by now u must have master the art for event shoots..

As u can see, if the shoot is all made up of newbie photographers, 1) they comfirm dont even KNOW how to pose the model, 2) Taking snap shots at a model shoot is a pc of ****!.,
3) End of the day, the model learns nothing but only hopes for the hours to quickly fly pass to make easy money.

Bro, if u think that yr pics are lousy, i think advise u TO FOR ONCE THINK BEFORE U SHOOT!.

"Pay for fruitless photos"? what i was trying to say is if u have taken more then 200 diff shoots, only less then 10 can make it, means u are wasting yr time there. the model can always say NO to poses when why people want to lay on the floor to shoot when she is wearing short skirts? Kinda wolf right?

By the way, i see u at most of the events everywhere, by now u must have master the art for event shoots..
"if the shoot is all made up of newbie photographers"
Ok this one will be a problem, but its already stated that "models are newbies"

I'm limiting my shots, I don't snap happily away. Even if my photos are lousy, I'm trying to achieve less than 5% of images with technical problems. Unless on purpose of course ...

The model can always say NO to poses when why people want to lay on the floor to shoot when she is wearing short skirts? Kinda wolf right?
Complaining when the pose is absoultely decent, and remark that the place is dirty (when its already clean)?

Well, still need to work on composing during events ...

i see a fight in here.. ok i'll keep myself neutral based on just what i can see in the 1st post.

fishy only posted 47 posts in CS so i guess u are quite new too? that should explain y u actually didn't mind posting non-quality shots of the newbie models.

but however if u have abit of skill or intereste in either photography/modeling/make up, please atleast put in some effort/profession in the sample shots for your models. Especially if they are ur friend, it's easy to ask them out and take a photo of them.

posting a good sample shot i think is really a respect for the other forumers, and is also the right way u should advertise for ur models. the photogs should see the quality of ur models, and the models should portray their worthiness to the photogs. or else, any passport photos would do.

:)

Ha ha ha... Dear Mr. Darren Tan, As mentioned to you, what more do you want me to say.

I had apologised (read the thread). What else you want me to do? Bow to you? Just because I'm not near your standard? Do you want a "priest" to do this? (its your word calling me "priest", not mine). Or is there other than this that you regard as a "priest" should do?

Didn't realise that only you are allowed to criticize other people but can't accept any sincere criticism.

Btw, the tongue looks good... remind me when children fight... :) But the again, I'm not surprise.

Anyways, lately most of your comments is how pretty models look and not on the photography itself... heehee

"Frankly speaking,this 2 babes are the most prettiest in this show..."

"I know that is photo doesn't do any justice to this goddess of charm... .. Just my humble shoot to show that this is another pretty goddess from Lexus.. "

"She's 1 of my favourite model... so sweet & nice looking.."

"Oh Andrea.... 1 of the most elegance & charming model in the motorshow... I took about 1000 over photos just of her alone A bit "siao" of me..."

"No offends to others but to me,no girls other than Miss Andrea Teo is most suitable to use this word "Most" prettiest...:) "

Anyways Darren, Let me bow to you... I guess to you shooting pretty models is more important than shooting pretty photos...

Never intended to be a personal attack from the start, but a request for people to respect those who are less of your standard.

"Be nice on your way up for you'll meet them again on your way down" - Don't worry, this doesn't apply to you... Sincerely, I believe you will only go up, won't go down one... too good... everyone else is forever below you...

wah...U really great... really got nothing better to do to find out all my posts..:think: Are u too free or too bored?? Maybe I should buy some charcoal & suggest u wash it white..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Saiful Bahar,have u got anything to say ??:think: come on... theory lesson again.. hahaha...:sticktong

wah...U really great... really got nothing better to do to find out all my posts..:think: Are u too free or too bored?? Maybe I should buy some charcoal & suggest u wash it white..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Actually I do have better things to do, not too free nor too bored, but since a great one with such standard request (see quoted thread above) how can one ignore?

So you are great one indeed. I didn't know one can wash charcoal to make it white? See... only great ones such as youself may be able to do it. Maybe you should show and teach all of us of such low standard to do it.

If one can achieve such impossibles like washing a black charcoal to white, certainly one can achieve the simple act of being nice to others. Unless that too is impossible?

Another classic case of skirting the issues!

Sir, this is not a very matured reply to a gentleman. If one wants to engage in a discussion or debate, one must present one's views and opinion. If one is unable to continue due to certain restrictions, or even a loss of words, one should allow himself to be excused ..... of course it is easily said than done, but in this case, I can see that Mr Saifu has been very gentle and fair in his arguement.
On another note, if you are not sensitive enough, may i be allowed to point to you that i believe Mr Saifu is a Muslim (from his name) and calling him a "priest", i think is not a right term. Maybe you would like to apologise for that (unless he declare that he is ok with it). :think:
Sorry to you if i have offended you with my view.
Juz my opinion without any prejudice.

Actually I do have better things to do, not too free nor too bored, but since a great one with such standard request (see quoted thread above) how can one ignore?

So you are great one indeed. I didn't know one can wash charcoal to make it white? See... only great ones such as youself may be able to do it. Maybe you should show and teach all of us of such low standard to do it.

If one can achieve such impossibles like washing a black charcoal to white, certainly one can achieve the simple act of being nice to others. Unless that too is impossible?

hi saifu, you are very gentleman! it is really well said!! much appreciated your manner!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

merry christmas to everybody!;)

Trying to stay objective. I've never taken part in a photoshoot before. So I'm speaking this as a real newbie here. Please do not take it too heart, just my opinion only. I'd find it very confusing and might be difficult to work with models who might have little or no experience. Plus as a photographer not only do I need to pay $30 but I've my transportation fees to considered.

If there are any previous shoots done before, maybe you can post a few shots on your initial post?

Newbie Model + Newbie Photographer = Little learnt
Experienceed Model + Newbie Photographer = Something learnt
Newbie Model + Experienced Photographer = Something learnt

Trying to stay objective. I've never taken part in a photoshoot before. So I'm speaking this as a real newbie here. Please do not take it too heart, just my opinion only. I'd find it very confusing and might be difficult to work with models who might have little or no experience. Plus as a photographer not only do I need to pay $30 but I've my transportation fees to considered.

If there are any previous shoots done before, maybe you can post a few shots on your initial post?

Newbie Model + Newbie Photographer = Little learnt
Experienceed Model + Newbie Photographer = Something learnt
Newbie Model + Experienced Photographer = Something learnt

Since you are a newbie, i hope you can accept some words from my own personal experience.
Firstly, i think it is a totally waste of time and money to go for any photoshoot if you are still not comfortable with your knowledge of your camera and the basic rules of photography. No one is going to teach you how to shoot in an organised model shootout unless you are paying someone to teach you while you shoot. It gets even worse when you are with experienced shooters coz to them you are only a "chork teng" object. Even with experienced model, if you are a newbie, you r not learning anything.....:cry: sad, but true.

The correct approach is to pay for a proper lesson with PSS, SLCC, Safra, etc.... At least you can ask and learn. Then to practise, you dont have to pay to shoot models, get your sisters, brothers, relatives, friends, etc.... and keep shooting till you see some results that you are happy with. (of course a pretty sister or gf or daughter is an bonus).

After this, yes, I would recommend some model shooting .... this is ideal because you can then compare your shoot with the others, and learn some of the tricks. Probably when you have "graduated" its time to go big way by going for expensive models, artistic, etc.... Of course the last method is not compulsory but i find it very hard to get results from shooting our own relatives and friends to be the same as shooting the real pro models, esp the ang mo ... somehow they have the X factor which many of our local ones do not have.

As for fishy business, i think he started on a wrong footing. He should learn a thing or two from "successful" organisers, such as AhV, Mike, KO, etc... Like fishy, they started with newbies models ..... giving free shooting and collecting portfolio for the models,etc... and the rest is successful history.

All newbies, eat your pride .... learn from the members here, even though some of them are not so friendly in their comments but when you get to know them, they are all nice chaps.....:angel:

I love you all, brudders and sisters of CS forums! :heart:

Helpful. Thanks and appreciated.

Be cos, since u are so........... damn free to find out all my posts,I really can't find a better thing than calling u to wash a charcoal to keep u more busy rather than being a chicken backside to talk non stop...All your so called theory or whatever crap.. I don't need you & your crap advice to teach me to be a better person... Me is just me as what I am.. Not happy with what I said can jolly well ignore them.. I never ask or need your guidance to be a respectable person.. U think u are so great so noble... haha,.... Just get out of my sight..:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.